+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long the inmigration appeal takes ???

Jan 20, 2010
Hi there:

My wife application got denied as the officer considered that our marriage was not genuine. We are planning to appeal as we are completely sure that she made a wrong decision. We even have a daugther in common. Just wonder if any body knows how long appeals are taking in Ontario.

Who is the one who file the appeal ??? Me or my wife ??? It's the hearing done in Ontario or overseas ???

Thanking you in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

questionforyou said:
Hi there:

My wife application got denied as the officer considered that our marriage was not genuine. We are planning to appeal as we are completely sure that she made a wrong decision. We even have a daugther in common. Just wonder if any body knows how long appeals are taking in Ontario.

Who is the one who file the appeal ??? Me or my wife ??? It's the hearing done in Ontario or overseas ???

Thanking you in advance.
1. It depends if it goes to Alternate Dispute Resolution (not a full hearing) or a full appeal. Full appeal, probably 12-14 months in Ontario.
2. You have to file the appeal (it is not really a do it yourself job)
3. Hearing will be in Ontario, if you intend to call your wife as a witness, her end will be by teleconference.
4. Start you reading here: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/tribunal/iadsai/Pages/index.aspx

PMM

h741108

Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did you get an interview before they reject your application?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You have to file the appeal, and you only have 30 days from the date you received the refusal letter, so send it in quickly.

Jan 20, 2010
Hi h741108:

She had an interview where they denied her. The officer did not understand any of the reason. My wife and my kid has been in Canada with me for over a year now. Just going back to USA every 6 months as they are just GC holders there and will loose their status. We are going today to ADR, i will let you know the result later.