+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long must you stay with employer after getting PR??

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are on a duel intent lmia and recieved PR via a perm job off and being on a work permit with said employer how long must you stay with them after PR? Example on a 2 year work permit but receive PR after 8 months ?? And also could they get your PR revoked ?
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't have to stay with your employer after PR. No - they can't get your PR status revoked if you leave them.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks I just wondered as I read the thread about potential PNP applicants faceing trouble and wondered was it the same deal.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Banff2015 said:
Thanks I just wondered as I read the thread about potential PNP applicants faceing trouble and wondered was it the same deal.
Potential PNP applicants "face trouble" only BEFORE their PR is granted. Remember that you are not really a permanent resident until you have landed. Up to and including landing, you have to be able to show you have a job, if you were admitted on an LMIA, or show you intend to reside in the province that granted your PNP, if that was a factor in your getting PR. The minute the landing is done, however, you are free as a bird.

Somehow, though, I think it is unethical to accept PNP from one province while intending all along to live in another. I don't think it's unethical to quit your LMIA job as soon as you have PR, though. I wonder why that is!

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Sycilia is correct. Your intention to leave your employer after he supported you to get your PR is the reason why many employers are hesitant to support others. As you, many people have left as soon as they land, so why bother to go to the process if they are going to leave as soon as they land ?
You don't have to stay with your employer, but I womder if he ever will support another FN after you leave.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for clearing that up:)..
I never said I was going to i merly inquired as to the legal stand on it and what might arise if one was to.
On a compelety unrealted issue. I sent in my application 12 days ago and noting has changed only review in process is this normal? I was told my medical was uploaded same day and no issues with that.