+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it will take to get the ECOPR and PR card ?

rns9

Feb 2, 2016
Please can anyone share - how long does it take to get the ECOPR and PR card for PGP Applicants who are currently in Canada.
We Uploaded the photo on portal and gave the local Canadian address on the PR portal on 23rd Dec 22.

Update: Mississauga VO
Thanks

FYI Timeline
Got invited: September 2021
Submitted: 25 Nov 2021
Medical Submitted: 26 May 2022
PCC Submitted: 3 September 2022
Additional docs Submitted: 3 Sept 2022
Pre Arrival letter 17th Nov 2022
Virtual Landing Letter requesting Address and UCI: 18th Nov 2022
PR application approved email: 21st Dec
Upload photo and confirm Canadian address on 23rd Dec
eCOPR download - Waiting
PR card - Waiting

Last edited:

Fingerscrossedforyou

Aug 13, 2022
It varies A LOT. I've seen some folks waiting 3 months+ on their eCOPR while others received theirs within two weeks...hope this year IRCC increases staff and capacity to process landing.

Reactions: rns9

rns9

Feb 2, 2016
It varies A LOT. I've seen some folks waiting 3 months+ on their eCOPR while others received theirs within two weeks...hope this year IRCC increases staff and capacity to process landing.
Thanks for replying, although it's a bit disappointing to know that even at this stage they take so long.

Grace6578

Oct 23, 2022
What do you do when there is delay? Is there a number to call or email to write? It’s just frustrating as you tell employers that you have been approved for PR but your SIN hasn’t changed yet.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What do you do when there is delay? Is there a number to call or email to write? It’s just frustrating as you tell employers that you have been approved for PR but your SIN hasn’t changed yet.
It seems you submitted the sponsorship application in October? Are sure it has received final approval?

Your expectation that it will be finalized in ~4 months may be a misunderstanding, or simply optimistc. (Although of course would be great if already done)

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
It seems you submitted the sponsorship application in October? Are sure it has received final approval?

Your expectation that it will be finalized in ~4 months may be a misunderstanding, or simply optimistc. (Although of course would be great if already done)
Many September/October/November Spousal Inland applicants have been processed at turbo speed for whatever reason… there are quite a few applicants who are at end stage of waiting for the portal invite, or have already submitted to portal and are waiting for eCOPR.

I can understand the optimism because every other stage has happened so quickly.