+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it takes to get the PR card

MMH

Feb 22, 2007
Hi friends,
I will land in Canada today and apply for the Pr Card, I will put an address of one of my friends to get the PR card for me.
I have to leave next week and come back on 4 weeks from now.
Do u think I will get the PR card by that time( 4 weeks). An new experience with this ???
Thanks in Advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

MMH said:
Hi friends,
I will land in Canada today and apply for the Pr Card, I will put an address of one of my friends to get the PR card for me.
I have to leave next week and come back on 4 weeks from now.
Do u think I will get the PR card by that time( 4 weeks). An new experience with this ???
Thanks in Advance.
According to www.cic.gc.ca 30 days

PMM

MMH

Feb 22, 2007
I landed few days ago, but I need to travel overseas and come back (in less than 30 days). How can speeden my PR card process. I checked the CIS website and send my travel itinerary to the fax number they put, but nobody responded so far (they said they will call in 2 business days).
Is there any other way to speeden the process. Like If I go to to Passport Canada office; can they help ???

- When I can renew my SIN card, do I need to wait tell I get my PR card or can do it now..

always

Jul 22, 2008
I had mine in 5 weeks. You should have your PR Card when you get back. Otherwise, you can apply for a travel visa. I was advised to have a friend mail it to me but it was not favorable for me. I didn't wanna lose it by mail not that I didn't trust the mail service but sometimes it happens.
You can apply for SIN using a copy of your COPR attached to your passport. You can just show it to Service Canada office near you. I did it that way and they have accepted it.