+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Long it takes after IME

Fari.Ozair

Jun 12, 2019
Hey !
I have applied for PR in Canada Outland spousal sponsorship category, in the month of Feb,2019. I was then requested to submit Biometrics and IME By the month of April. Then I found at CIC official website that it takes 2 to 3 months after IME for Passport request in outland sponsorship. Its's been more than three months now that I am still waiting for any response from them. My application is not linked with GCkey as I've tried to link it several times but it didn't work. So I'm unable to check my status now. I did check the application status using their online tool and it says that the application is in process and shows the last status Medical results have been received. Anyone please guide me what should I do now. Shall I wait further or what.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey !
I have applied for PR in Canada Outland spousal sponsorship category, in the month of Feb,2019. I was then requested to submit Biometrics and IME By the month of April. Then I found at CIC official website that it takes 2 to 3 months after IME for Passport request in outland sponsorship. Its's been more than three months now that I am still waiting for any response from them. My application is not linked with GCkey as I've tried to link it several times but it didn't work. So I'm unable to check my status now. I did check the application status using their online tool and it says that the application is in process and shows the last status Medical results have been received. Anyone please guide me what should I do now. Shall I wait further or what.
The process takes around 12 months end to end. So you likely have another six months or so to wait. I don't know where you read that it takes 2-3 months for passport request for outland applications after IME - but I don't think that would have been on the official IRCC web site.

Yes - you should just wait further.

Fari.Ozair

Jun 12, 2019
I'll surely wait now.Thanks for guidance.
I have read about 2-3 months for PPR after IME on IRCC website's Help center.