+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long is visit visa for?

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
Hello all,

I will be applying for a visitor visa for my parents and siblings soon through the IRCC portal. Throughout the application there wasnt an option to apply for a specific type of visit visa (single entry/multiple entry).

So I just want to know people's experiences as to how long is the visa usually valid for and is it single entry or multiple entry? And can I indicate anywhere in the IRCC portal, what type of visa I am going for?

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Visa issued is valid upto 1 day before applicants passport expiry date. Usually multiple entry is given. Type of visa you have to specify is Temporary Resident Visa - Visit.

If applying for parents apply Super Visa. Normal visit visa is being refused for many.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

I will be applying for a visitor visa for my parents and siblings soon through the IRCC portal. Throughout the application there wasnt an option to apply for a specific type of visit visa (single entry/multiple entry).

So I just want to know people's experiences as to how long is the visa usually valid for and is it single entry or multiple entry? And can I indicate anywhere in the IRCC portal, what type of visa I am going for?
Length of visa and whether it is single entry or multiple entry depends on the profile of the applicant. The weaker the applicant the shorter the visa length and the higher likelihood of single entry. IRCC often gives out a “test visa” if there is enough proof to approve but still concerns. If the person follows the immigration laws and returns to their country after their visit they have a better chance of getting a longer multiple-entry visa the next time.