+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long is taking to receive or to accept the citizenship application?

LifeisGood15

Nov 3, 2014
Hello Everyone:
It's been a while since my last post here. Now I applied for my family and myself for the Canadian Citizenship. The application was delivered on April 6 but I haven't received a word from CIC. I haven't received an email saying a word about it. I know COVID-19 has affected processing times everywhere but I'm worry about the all the money for the applications of the 4 of us and paperwork.
Could anyone here give me a hint as how can I ask when I should get a notification about it?

I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thank you in advance for this opportunity.

Regards,

Jose

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
In normal times it would take 2-3 months to receive AOR (so as late as July in your case). Since COVID, they haven't issued any AOR since around March 15th and that was for January applications. There is no way to get update on your application before AOR is issued and it seems now that it's going to be more than 5 months for it to be issued.

LifeisGood15

Nov 3, 2014
In normal times it would take 2-3 months to receive AOR (so as late as July in your case). Since COVID, they haven't issued any AOR since around March 15th and that was for January applications. There is no way to get update on your application before AOR is issued and it seems now that it's going to be more than 5 months for it to be issued.
Thank you so much for your feedback. It's been very illustrative as per the time my family should wait. It's been the first real feedback ever since we applied. Thank you again and hopefully by the end of September we should receive some feedback from CIC.
Cheers!!

Asinai marion

Jan 22, 2020
Uganda
Category........
Other
Thank you so much for your feedback. It's been very illustrative as per the time my family should wait. It's been the first real feedback ever since we applied. Thank you again and hopefully by the end of September we should receive some feedback from CIC.
Cheers!!
[/QUOTE

Asinai marion

Jan 22, 2020
Uganda
Category........
Other
I applied for my two kids proof of citizenship on February 02nd 2020.through Canadian consultant here in Uganda but upto now I haven't received any information whether my application was received in Canada or not