+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long is processing time between the DM and PR Interview?

amahmustang

Nov 26, 2015
Please advise how long would it take between the Disicion made and the PR interview? I should be contacted by Ottawa immigration centre, I have been waiting for 2 months so far. Thanks

rooryangel

May 25, 2016
If you are a Syrian refugee then ariund 5 to 6 month
If you are from a different nationality then it will take a year or more

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
rooryangel said:
If you are a Syrian refugee then ariund 5 to 6 month
If you are from a different nationality then it will take a year or more
Wrong the PR interview/landing appointment has nothing todo with nationality or any delay related to processing. Once the case processing unit in canada completes the process of a PR application the principal applicant has to physically appear in front of an immigration officer to complete his/her landing (i.e to hand him over his confirmation of permanent residence).

For the appointment for landing there is no process rather it is just scheduled based on these factors:-

1) the work load of the local office:
cic local offices has many other task to do, (it is not just PR interview which they do) , so they dedicate 1 or 2 days in week for landing interviews.
2) Number of people waiting for landing:
As mentioned above there are only 1 or 2 days for landing so a person has to wait for his turn. local office in big cities has longer que than a small city. example would be an applicant in Calgary may get his appointment scheduled much early as compare to an applicant awaiting landing in Toronto area.

Generally on average or overall depending on the location of the local office it takes 1 week to 12 weeks to get an appointment date.

hope it helps

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Yes Kriv you are right
the cic nothing to do with nationality so depend to local office.
my application already 8 months waiting for local office contact me but nothing heard for now.
and some people getting interview during 2 weeks or 4 weeks.
nothing to do just we have to wait buddy.

rooryangel

May 25, 2016
kriv said:
Wrong the PR interview/landing appointment has nothing todo with nationality or any delay related to processing. Once the case processing unit in canada completes the process of a PR application the principal applicant has to physically appear in front of an immigration officer to complete his/her landing (i.e to hand him over his confirmation of permanent residence).

For the appointment for landing there is no process rather it is just scheduled based on these factors:-

1) the work load of the local office:
cic local offices has many other task to do, (it is not just PR interview which they do) , so they dedicate 1 or 2 days in week for landing interviews.
2) Number of people waiting for landing:
As mentioned above there are only 1 or 2 days for landing so a person has to wait for his turn. local office in big cities has longer que than a small city. example would be an applicant in Calgary may get his appointment scheduled much early as compare to an applicant awaiting landing in Toronto area.

Generally on average or overall depending on the location of the local office it takes 1 week to 12 weeks to get an appointment date.

hope it helps
But I have been told this from my Lawyer, that the priority is for the Syrian refugee now, even for the hearing and everything else!!
I came on 16 March, got my approval decision on 6 May without a hearing, got my work permit in one week, and I am waiting now for the PR

Ch_Rizwan

Apr 23, 2016
rooryangel said:
But I have been told this from my Lawyer, that the priority is for the Syrian refugee now, even for the hearing and everything else!!
I came on 16 March, got my approval decision on 6 May without a hearing, got my work permit in one week, and I am waiting now for the PR
Buddy you are not the only one...i came here in august 2015 got approval and hearing in September in less then 2 months and have work permit and have applied for pr and has gotten AIP so far in about 5 months and i know others who have gotten DM in 6 7 months and they are not syrian.

abood1234

Jul 13, 2016
I heard the same regarding syrian refugee that the process time is between 6 -8 month and also without a hearing

lulitta

Nov 3, 2016
hello I'm Syrian and I have the same problem as you, I've been waiting for my PR since 27th of may and my lawyer said that I should receive it in 3 to 6 months
so I wanna ask you did you receive your PR?