+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long is it going to take to have a response about my PR application?

Capitol

May 4, 2024
Hi, I have been in Canada for almost 3 years now, I came here and applied as a refuggeee and got accepted, as soon as I got accepted I applied for PR. IRCC send me a acknoledgment letter saying that my application is being processed since January of 2023. Does somebody now how are the processes going? We were told that we would get a response within a year.

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Hi, I have been in Canada for almost 3 years now, I came here and applied as a refuggeee and got accepted, as soon as I got accepted I applied for PR. IRCC send me a acknoledgment letter saying that my application is being processed since January of 2023. Does somebody now how are the processes going? We were told that we would get a response within a year.
Unfortunately there is no specific timeline for processing of PR applications of Protected Persons. It's on case by case basis and can take 2-3 years. You can request case notes to see what the internal status of your application is and/or reach out to your local MP's office to request update on your behalf.

If you need to travel, you should explore RTD. Not entirely sure if it's doable but something to look in to.