07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
heatherusa said:
I figured if I only talked to people who lived far away I would never have to meet them!
That's what I figured. It seemed "safe" to talk to someone in Florida, because I wasn't looking for a relationship, but things happen.

He started messaging me in June, 2007, but I was "hard to get". I finally got on IM with him that September. I met him in person in April, 2008. We are dating our "conjugal partnership" from November, 2008 when I went to live with him for almost a month, but it started earlier in the summer and continued to intensify through that date and beyond. It's hard to pick a date for something that happened bit by bit. I was already paying many of his monthly bills early in the summer.

He's been living with me in Canada now for over 9 months and we finally have the application just about ready to send. I never suspected it would take this long.

Misplaced Brit

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
I met my husband in an IRC chat room in May 2003. We were friends at first, then started a long distance relationship in May of 2004. We met face to face for the first time in August of 2004, 2 days before my birthday, and got married on the 20th of June 2009.

We have been together for 6½ years. My application for PR was sent off in October 2010.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
It's pretty crazy seeing how many of us met our significant others online. I remember, vividly, when even talking about befriending people online was considered so taboo.

I suppose I should add mine to the list.

My husband and I met in an online chat room in IRC early in the fall of 2001. He was in his first year of college; I was in my last year of high school. We were good friends almost immediately, as well as being part of a bigger group of online friends in the same chat room (some of whom he grew up with). Eventually, the bigger group of friends broke off as people went their separate ways, but our own relationship went the opposite route: we just got closer and closer as the years went by.

He was my best friend for years, always there for me through my frequent periods of stress and family drama at home--as well as providing the proverbial shoulder to cry on when I had problems with an ex here and there, and when my mother passed away. Early in the summer of 2005, we realized we had fallen for each other and, at that point, became romantically involved.

In the summer of 2006, a year later, I came to visit him and friends of ours in Newfoundland--which is when we first physically met. And one way or another, we've been together ever since. He officially proposed to me in March 2009; we got married August 2009.

It's hard to believe it's already been over a year since we got married, and even harder to believe it's been 9 years since I wandered into a random chat room on a whim and bumped into my soulmate :).

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Its very heartening to know so many of us met on line..at first i thought i was special and that the VO officer might scoff at my online relationship, but i see now that they see these types of cases every single day, so my love story is just one of them...not quite unbelieveable as i thought!

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Met my husband in July 2006
Moved in together in 2008
Married March 2010

Have lived together in Bermuda from 2008.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Nelly a little off topic here but did u get pr yet? I still haven't got mine feel like withdrawing mine and going back Bermuda and doing an Outland seems to b faster!

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Nelly a little off topic here but did u get pr yet? I still haven't got mine feel like withdrawing mine and going back Bermuda and doing an Outland seems to b faster!
Hi! I did get PPR on Nov. 2nd. In total from the date I submitted my application on Aug.13 it took 2 1/2 months until PPR. Looking at other timelines I see now how very fortunate I am. I can't imagine having to wait as long as others. It seems a bit miraculous - and they didn't need my FBI certificate after all. Just my police clearance from Bermuda. Did you get AOR yet? Don't withdraw!!! I don't know your timeline but I think that would just delay you even more and you would have to do medicals etc. all over again and that takes time. Hang in there!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Black-Berry said:
Withdrawing could take up to a year! think about it before you do it!!!

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
I just read your older post and I can't believe how long it takes for you and other inlanders to get PR. One would think they would want those already in Canada to start contributing to the economy (taxes ::)) and what about the welfare of the children?? Your case is so obviously genuine. I don't understand. I only sent in a 1 page bio of our relationship and about 20 pictures (mostly wedding). We were living together for 2 years before marriage and we bought a house in Canada. So much less than you. Just hang in there! It will happen. I am so sorry for what you are going through and it makes me feel guilty for getting my PR so quickly; not to mention I feel guilty for even stressing over my application. So sorry.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
nelly72 said:
I just read your older post and I can't believe how long it takes for you and other inlanders to get PR. One would think they would want those already in Canada to start contributing to the economy (taxes ::)) and what about the welfare of the children?? Your case is so obviously genuine. I don't understand. I only sent in a 1 page bio of our relationship and about 20 pictures (mostly wedding). We were living together for 2 years before marriage and we bought a house in Canada. So much less than you. Just hang in there! It will happen. I am so sorry for what you are going through and it makes me feel guilty for getting my PR so quickly; not to mention I feel guilty for even stressing over my application. So sorry.
Thank you Nelly and congratulations on your PR. Before i came here from bermuda last year, my gutt instinct told me to do it outland. shoulda listened to it... oh well... its done! its been a year since we moved from bermuda today and still no approval no nothing. my file was transferred though . I hope i get a positive outcome. yeah people have advised me about withdrawing. thank you for our input Wes. I have heard of people here waiting for 3 years in canada just to get to first stage approval and it makes me sick to the stomach. I will just wait. nothing much i can do at this point..

Yeah i advise people not to do Inland. its the worst option and in my opinion resort to it only if its the last option. The current wait times for inland are now 18 months .

medellinguy

Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Everything in order I guess
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
07-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2011
LANDED..........
07-09-2011
We met online in february 2007, met for the first time in Colombia in August 2009, went back there in December-January 09-10....she came to Canada in March 2010, we got engaged in April, went back to Colombia in August-September 10...married on September 3rd.....honeymoon in San Andrés and we sent the application at the end of October 2010!

Still long way to go :S