+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long from sending passports to getting visa stamped from OTTAWA?

iceman4231

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
hey everyone ,

i know many june and may applicants will be in the sae stage as mine ..got the ppr ,biodata and rprf request ..sent passports on monday ..

How long before we get them back ?

any previous month members can shed some light or if anyone from may /june who already got them !!!

cheers..

alexgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
I sent my passports out for visa stamping on Feb 19th (received in Ottawa on Feb 21st) and got them back today, April 10th. I hope this helps.

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
iceman4231 said:
hey everyone ,

i know many june and may applicants will be in the sae stage as mine ..got the ppr ,biodata and rprf request ..sent passports on monday ..

How long before we get them back ?

any previous month members can shed some light or if anyone from may /june who already got them !!!

cheers..
Hi Iceman...

Just curious what your biodata & RPRF email looks like...I got the Biodata & RPRF email today...

iceman4231

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
@s_w_u

its the standard email

UCI: XXXXXXX
Application: XXXXXXXXX

Email:
XXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED AT THE CASE PROCESSING PILOT-OTTAWA (“CPP-O”).

Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?

• Have you married or divorced?
• Have you given birth or adopted a child?
• Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
• Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPP-O immediately:
OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca

You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Any new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before your case is finalized. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed below.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have already paid.

Your visas cannot be issued until you have paid the RPRF for [1] person(s). Please follow the attached instructions and email your payment receipt to CPPO-Cost-Recovery @ cic.gc.ca . These fees are refundable if for any reason you do not obtain permanent residence in Canada.

Passport(s)

Please send the passports for you and any of your accompanying family member ...
Height and Eye Colour

We require confirmation of this information for yourself and each accompanying family member. Please complete the attached form “Biodata” and return it to us.

How to Send your Documents to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O)

If photographs have been requested, you are required to submit all documents in hard copy format, by MAIL. Please submit all the requested items together in a single package. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and send the package to one of the following addresses:

Canada Post:
CPP – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPP – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

If no original documents have been requested, you may submit copies of your documents by mail, by fax, or as scanned images attached to an email to OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca .

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

Final Note

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your documents and pay the RPRF as soon as possible. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

Sincerely,