+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long for SIN Card

gocanada963

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Friends
I wanted to know how long does it take for us to apply jobs once we land in Canada. If I apply SIN in the service center, is there another wait time for receiving the number and then apply for a job? Or do we get a receipt of application with which we can start searching jobs?

In short, how much time it takes for us from landing to be eligible to apply for jobs? Thank You

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
There is plenty of post here in the forum with this question and answer, but I am going ahead and tell you my experience, once you go to the office, they will give you the "number" right in the spot (a paper sheet with the number written), you are now ready to start applying, now in order to receive the card physically, it will depend on the office/region you are applying, here in Montreal, QC it will take from 2-4 weeks to get to you, mine came in two weeks.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gocanada963 said:
Friends
I wanted to know how long does it take for us to apply jobs once we land in Canada. If I apply SIN in the service center, is there another wait time for receiving the number and then apply for a job? Or do we get a receipt of application with which we can start searching jobs?

In short, how much time it takes for us from landing to be eligible to apply for jobs? Thank You
SIN you get on the spot within 10 minutes on any working day. Take your passport and landing papers to service canada office. The card is dispatched through Canada Post and you will receive in 7-10 days. Just after the number ( no card) you can apply for jobs. So if you land on monday morning, you will have SIN before afternoon and you apply for jobs in evening. One day job.
One thing you left out, to apply for jobs you need your mobile number also and that you can get just after the visit to service canada office. 15 minutes more job if you know which company's connection you are interested in.
I hope this helps you.

D

drgladiator

which phone connection is better in Brampton/Toronto if u wanna call India daily approx. 30 minutes...?
is landline phone connection also OK for applying for a job in Brampton?
what thing are required for landline?
explorer101 said:
SIN you get on the spot within 10 minutes on any working day. Take your passport and landing papers to service canada office. The card is dispatched through Canada Post and you will receive in 7-10 days. Just after the number ( no card) you can apply for jobs. So if you land on monday morning, you will have SIN before afternoon and you apply for jobs in evening. One day job.
One thing you left out, to apply for jobs you need your mobile number also and that you can get just after the visit to service canada office. 15 minutes more job if you know which company's connection you are interested in.
I hope this helps you.

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
@drgladiator, i have been giving my mobile number (job posts, gouverment papers, etc) and it does not seem to be a problem at all.

To call abroad i will suggest to buy prepaid card (phone card) because it is cheaper than use your phone service directly to call abroad.