+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long for Medical Exam to be processed?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I am applying under Student Direct Stream and recently got an upfront medical exam. After all the tests, the panel physician told me that I could go home now. They did not mention any problem or health issues. So am I healthy?
When I can check my medical results?
Please help me.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
I am applying under Student Direct Stream and recently got an upfront medical exam. After all the tests, the panel physician told me that I could go home now. They did not mention any problem or health issues. So am I healthy?
When I can check my medical results?
Please help me.

The doctor will ask for follow-up if there is any health concern. It's their oath. If not, you can assume you are healthy.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
The doctor will ask for follow-up if there is any health concern. It's their oath. If not, you can assume you are healthy.
Well, the blood test is the only one I am not sure about. Because at the end, the doctor told me that I still need to wait for the result of the blood test for 20 minutes, if after 20 minutes and I am not called, I can go home.
So I waited for 25 minutes and I was not called, so I went home. Maybe I am just worrying too much, but am I good? Can I call my panel physician to check if I am healthy?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Well, the blood test is the only one I am not sure about. Because at the end, the doctor told me that I still need to wait for the result of the blood test for 20 minutes, if after 20 minutes and I am not called, I can go home.
So I waited for 25 minutes and I was not called, so I went home. Maybe I am just worrying too much, but am I good? Can I call my panel physician to check if I am healthy?
In my case, I applied from Singapore and when I went for medical exam, I can see what tests are included in the exam (based on the bill). The blood test is for HIV and Syphilis. As far as I know, the 20 minutes wait sounds a lot like the wait for the Rapid HIV Test ( this test needs 20mins to show result). If you dont hear back, you are ok but you can call the physician if you want a peace of mind ;)

May I know where you are applying from?

In my timeline, I did medical exam on Monday. Then on Tuesday, the doctor sent the results to IRCC via eMedical and finally on Friday of the same week, my online application shows "Medical passed"

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
In my case, I applied from Singapore and when I went for medical exam, I can see what tests are included in the exam (based on the bill). The blood test is for HIV and Syphilis. As far as I know, the 20 minutes wait sounds a lot like the wait for the Rapid HIV Test ( this test needs 20mins to show result). If you dont hear back, you are ok but you can call the physician if you want a peace of mind ;)

May I know where you are applying from?

In my timeline, I did medical exam on Monday. Then on Tuesday, the doctor sent the results to IRCC via eMedical and finally on Friday of the same week, my online application shows "Medical passed"
I am from Vietnam and I am applying in the Student Direct Stream. I took an Upfront medical exam so I need to attach the sheet they gave me before submitting my application. I did my medical exam at the panel physician stated by Canada Immigration on their official website. It is an IOM medical centre.