+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does video conferencing last

Osagiodwa1

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Hello everyone, I am preparing to go for my hearing in two weeks time here in Montreal after two postponements and waiting for 22 months.
Due to the pandemic it is going to be via video conferencing. Am eager to know,how long does video conferencing last in terms of minutes or hours? Is it shorter or longer time compared to the regular in person? Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If that's how long your hearing is scheduled, yes. If there are technical issues, you can expect it to last even longer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is never a set time for a hearing. It all depends on the complexity of the casw and how many questions are needed for the member to come to a decision.

Osagiodwa1

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
I went afterwards, lasted 3hrs:40mins. But the funny thing is you won't even know when you get to that time.

Majidksa2013

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Mine was videoconference on 16 Aug it’s last 2 hours in English no Interprinter . The judge ask me to send some more document within 2 weeks already send on 26 Aug and still waiting for decision

cuilenasi1971

Jun 8, 2023
I understand your concern about the duration of video conferencing for your upcoming hearing. Video conferencing durations can vary based on the nature of the proceedings and the number of participants. While there's no fixed rule, they generally aim to be as efficient as in-person hearings.
Considering the thread is from 3 years ago, I hope your hearing went well and that you had a productive experience with the video conferencing. It's always a good idea to ensure you're well-prepared with a stable internet connection and the necessary tools, like Acrobits, to ensure smooth communication during the video conference.