+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does the federal processing normally take for PNP applicants in Canada?

mapomax

Dec 8, 2011
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to posting here so please go easy on me if this is a newb question. I'm hoping to apply for PNP in Ontario after graduation under the International Student with a Job offer stream (NOC Code B, Personal Trainer). Most of the processing times on the cic website are for the foreign offices, the only one in Canada is the Ottawa office and the instructions say that I need to send my PNP application to the office in Sydney Nova Scotia if I've been nominated. Does the federal portion really take 17 months? I've read a few anecdotes on this forum and many people seem to get it done in about 10 months. Hopefully, I will be applying from within Canada whilst working on a PGWP.

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends, I too feel the same, there is no different time frame for people inside Canada Vs Outside Canada. That sucks.
I have friends, who got the PR in less than 8-10 months, also some friends are waiting for more than 12-14 Months.
So better to stop thinking too much on PR.
Thank you

mapomax said:
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to posting here so please go easy on me if this is a newb question. I'm hoping to apply for PNP in Ontario after graduation under the International Student with a Job offer stream (NOC Code B, Personal Trainer). Most of the processing times on the cic website are for the foreign offices, the only one in Canada is the Ottawa office and the instructions say that I need to send my PNP application to the office in Sydney Nova Scotia if I've been nominated. Does the federal portion really take 17 months? I've read a few anecdotes on this forum and many people seem to get it done in about 10 months. Hopefully, I will be applying from within Canada whilst working on a PGWP.