+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Long does Quebec Skilled Worker Program Takes

GaganDesi

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone:

I plan to apply for the QSW program that will open on 16th August. Anyone know how long does it take to get CSQ?

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello,

I am planning to file on 16th August 2016. I am bachelors in commerce from Delhi university and MSC in International Management from UK. I have total 7.3 years of experience.3.4 years as SAP Consultant and filing in NOC 2171. How much will I get in AOT? My IELTS SCORE is 7 band and my wife score is 6.5. We have done the WES evaluation. My CSR score is 391.

Will it be worth to file for Quebec as I have researched that 60% of the cases gets rejected and also 760 CAD is not refundable. I thought that Quebec will take only 9 months. Is it true that it can take up to 3 years from 16th august? What can be the chances of New Brunswick, Price Edward island or Skatchvan? How are these to go ahead?

Please suggest your valuable inputs so I can make up my mind.

Thanks in advance.

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
Giving the long processing time of QSW (2yrs+). I think it would be better to try getting a PNP for express entry first. Ontario is guaranteed in November if you can boost your CRS score to 400+.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Priyansh said:
Hello,

I am planning to file on 16th August 2016. I am bachelors in commerce from Delhi university and MSC in International Management from UK. I have total 7.3 years of experience.3.4 years as SAP Consultant and filing in NOC 2171. How much will I get in AOT? My IELTS SCORE is 7 band and my wife score is 6.5. We have done the WES evaluation. My CSR score is 391.

Will it be worth to file for Quebec as I have researched that 60% of the cases gets rejected and also 760 CAD is not refundable. I thought that Quebec will take only 9 months. Is it true that it can take up to 3 years from 16th august? What can be the chances of New Brunswick, Price Edward island or Skatchvan? How are these to go ahead?

Please suggest your valuable inputs so I can make up my mind.

Thanks in advance.
From what I read, I am not even sure If you will have enough points to begin with.
Here are the following problems:
1. business management and commerce is not related to your NOC - that means that you will not be able to claim points from neither areas of training (neither IT nor business). In order to claim those points you must have at least 1 year of continous work experience related to your main studies within last 5 years (the study can be longer before, but you need connected work experience)
2. Your IELTS score will only give you 4 points in language and IELTS of your spouse does not matter (only spoken French from TEF would give you some points).
As married, you need to pass 57 points, so without TEF in french at least on CBL level 6 you might not cross that line. (French alone can give you up to 16 points while English only 4). Like 20 points on that scale come from connections with canada only (relatives, previous work experience there or studies).
So loosing 16 points in language and other 16 points in areas of training might be too much.
Then again recheck and recalculate your points.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have bachelors degree in mathematics hons. and Master of Computer Applications(3 years). However, in part one of AOT list computer science(Bachelors) and Computer Engineering(Bachelors) is mentioned. Am I eligible for Category A in Part 1 because I have masters in computer application

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it takes longer than the Federal program. it can take years!!!
while express entry takes only 6 month or less.

xxtreme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
GaganDesi said:
Hi Everyone:

I plan to apply for the QSW program that will open on 16th August. Anyone know how long does it take to get CSQ?
If not from South America, it will take more than two years to get CSQ and an additional one year for federal. Quebec likes people from South America (kidding lol!!!!) their processing time very short. So better to apply to any other province which you're eligible for.

Mchd12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xxtreme said:
If not from South America, it will take more than two years to get CSQ and an additional one year for federal. Quebec likes people from South America (kidding lol!!!!) their processing time very short. So better to apply to any other province which you're eligible for.
any verifiable source about this? I'm latino

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016
You can check the CSQ times here.

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/processing-times-table.php?pays=txt-pays-irlande#formulaire_delais

Mchd12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sugar2016 said:
You can check the CSQ times here.

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/processing-times-table.php?pays=txt-pays-irlande#formulaire_delais
thanks.

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
betty44 said:
it takes longer than the Federal program. it can take years!!!
while express entry takes only 6 month or less.

so is this not considered a NOMINATION - PNP prog for 600 points?

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
AK_canada said:
so is this not considered a NOMINATION - PNP prog for 600 points?
Quebec has its own immigration program completely separate from express entry.

After obtaining the CSQ you still need to apply for PR at the federal level though