+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does PR application for baby take if you had baby before entering Canada?

saahil19

Dec 20, 2019
Hi all

Any help would be appreciated.

My wife is currently pregnant and we are contemplating having the baby in our current country of residence before we move to Canada.

If we do decide to have the baby in our country of residence, how long will a PR application take for the baby?

Would one of us need to be in Canada to sponsor the baby or can we just make changes to our existing application and add the baby as a dependent? I must add that our PR application is expected to be approved in May 2020 and my wife is due to give birth in June 2020.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all

Any help would be appreciated.

My wife is currently pregnant and we are contemplating having the baby in our current country of residence before we move to Canada.

If we do decide to have the baby in our country of residence, how long will a PR application take for the baby?

Would one of us need to be in Canada to sponsor the baby or can we just make changes to our existing application and add the baby as a dependent? I must add that our PR application is expected to be approved in May 2020 and my wife is due to give birth in June 2020.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
You would have to add the child. Expect 3-4 months of additional time.