+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it usually take to finish reviewing one work permit application?

tommy_ljy

Feb 19, 2017
Hi,

I noticed an update on CIC website last Wednesday (3 months after I submitted my application):

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I assume this means they have started processing my application. Is that correct? If yes, do you know how long does it usually take to finish? My position starts at 4/3/2017, so I really need to get it now...

Thank you.

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
tommy_ljy said:
Hi,

I noticed an update on CIC website last Wednesday (3 months after I submitted my application):

Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I assume this means they have started processing my application. Is that correct? If yes, do you know how long does it usually take to finish? My position starts at 4/3/2017, so I really need to get it now...

Thank you.

Sorry my friend, but they have changed the wording. Every one of us is getting these status.
So it means your file is still hiding somewhere on those shelves.

tommy_ljy

Feb 19, 2017
Hi jsghai, did this happen recently? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had a previous experience on my Canadian's tourist visa application. When I first submitted it, the status was something like "Final decision: haven't started"... Then, it changed to "Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."... And I received a notice of approval within a week.

So, I assume change of wording means that they have picked up my application and are reviewing it. No?

If they did this universally, do you know the reasons behind it?

Thank you.

paul234

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-05-17
Med's Request
03-05-17
Interview........
03-05-17
Passport Req..
...waiting...
tommy_ljy said:
Hi jsghai, did this happen recently? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had a previous experience on my Canadian's tourist visa application. When I first submitted it, the status was something like "Final decision: haven't started"... Then, it changed to "Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."... And I received a notice of approval within a week.

So, I assume change of wording means that they have picked up my application and are reviewing it. No?

If they did this universally, do you know the reasons behind it?

Thank you.
There was a server maintenance last weekend (as per notice on cic website). After that the wordings were changed. All of us are seeing this new message, people who applied in Dec/Jan/Feb... We did get our hopes up for couple of hours, but yeah, nothing actually has changed. :/