+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to update address?

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Anyone recently update their address via webform and if so how long did it take for the address shown as mailing address in ecas to change? We finally have movement on our daughter's citizenship certificate application and I sent in a webform to update the now very out of date address several weeks ago but it's still showing the old address on ecas. Don't have access to the fancy new tracker thing for her kind of application btw.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Anyone recently update their address via webform and if so how long did it take for the address shown as mailing address in ecas to change? We finally have movement on our daughter's citizenship certificate application and I sent in a webform to update the now very out of date address several weeks ago but it's still showing the old address on ecas. Don't have access to the fancy new tracker thing for her kind of application btw.
You might try calling and asking them to update manually in the system.

it's crazy but they seem incapable of even catching up on this entirely routine and trivial thing (but one that has actual consequences).

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
You might try calling and asking them to update manually in the system.

it's crazy but they seem incapable of even catching up on this entirely routine and trivial thing (but one that has actual consequences).
Thanks, I'll have my husband call since he's officially the representative. I didn't realize you can change the address on the phone. Seems like address changes should be flagged in the webform system for quick response since it's pretty darn important and potentially time sensitive.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks, I'll have my husband call since he's officially the representative. I didn't realize you can change the address on the phone. Seems like address changes should be flagged in the webform system for quick response since it's pretty darn important and potentially time sensitive.
I was suprrised to see someone had been successful doing this on the phone.

And yes, it's really bad how simple things like this they can't seem to get on top of.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi, I'm on the same boat, could you get in touch with them? Not sure if my address has been updated since web form