+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to receive an AOR in average?

Christian32

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
For you who have sent a Citizenship application (to become a Canadian citizen) by paper, how long after you'vr sent the application did you receive an AOR?

Reactions: Alexah

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
For you who have sent a Citizenship application (to become a Canadian citizen) by paper, how long after you'vr sent the application did you receive an AOR?
Typically AOR is received around 3 months after it was mailed. It's completely normal to hear nothing until then. You will receive your application number and unique client identifier (UCI) with the AOR and this will allow you to login to the tracker so sit tight, there's nothing to do but wait until AOR arrives.

Reactions: Christian32

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Typically AOR is received around 3 months after it was mailed. It's completely normal to hear nothing until then. You will receive your application number and unique client identifier (UCI) with the AOR and this will allow you to login to the tracker so sit tight, there's nothing to do but wait until AOR arrives.
--- Is the AOR usually sent by mail or email? Do you know. Thanks!

muneebhussain

Apr 6, 2017
It's been over three months since I mailed my application package, and I still haven't received the AOR. I've tried checking the online tracker using my UCI number, but it appears that my application is not in the system.

I'm unsure whether I should apply again since there seems to be no way to confirm if my application was received, other than the Canada Post tracking number. Additionally, I can't determine if it was returned to me and subsequently lost in the mail system.

To add to my concerns, they are currently processing applications received in the 2nd week of Feb , while my application was delivered in the first week of January. This makes me worried about the status of my application.

Reactions: mahmood2373

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@muneebhussain it's quite common for IRCC to take more time before AOR. It takes "a few months" to receive it. If you're unlucky, "a few months" may mean 5 or 6...
You'll very likely receive it relatively soon if your package was complete.

Also, I've seen many reports of packages returned for incomplete stuff, but none of people complaining that their application got stuck at Canada post after being returned. The odds for that are very low, no real point stressing over it when there's a simpler explanation.

Also, if you send another application, you're more likely than not to get the AOR for your first one way before the second package is opened (under the assumption your application is complete!). The second application's AOR also takes a few months after all. It probably would just be promptly ignored.

And finally,to answer your last point, the processing was never FIFO. If it was, everyone's AOR (and other steps) would be fairly predictable. That's unfortunately not how it works.

It's not necessarily what you wanna hear but your best course of action, at least for now since there's nothing unusual in your situation, is just to wait a little bit more.

Good luck!

Sectoropen

Apr 13, 2023
It's been over three months since I mailed my application package, and I still haven't received the AOR. I've tried checking the online tracker using my UCI number, but it appears that my application is not in the system.

I'm unsure whether I should apply again since there seems to be no way to confirm if my application was received, other than the Canada Post tracking number. Additionally, I can't determine if it was returned to me and subsequently lost in the mail system.

To add to my concerns, they are currently processing applications received in the 2nd week of Feb , while my application was delivered in the first week of January. This makes me worried about the status of my application.
[/QUOTE
How do you know they are processing applications that were submitted the second week of February? Which site shows such information.

Akh88

Star Member
Nov 11, 2022
My application was received on April 5, but IRCC is sending AORs to applications received the week of April 14. I haven't received mine yet.

Tony2

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
My application was received on April 5, but IRCC is sending AORs to applications received the week of April 14. I haven't received mine yet.
It takes a little time for them to check it for completeness, the office received mine on March 29th, but they were on federal strike action on April 19th. I called them just after the strike on May 2nd, and they were opening up applications received on March 23rd and told me to check back after a week. I received an email correspondence from them with my application number and UCI on May 5th, and on May 8th, it was linked up on a Tracker, the AOR.

Jun 16, 2023
I don't know about the paper. I applied online on 22 May, 2023 and today i.e., 15 June 2023, I received an email with an attached pdf file having UCI number and application number. I belive it is AOR. So in my case it took only 23 days.

Jun 16, 2023
I don't know about the paper. I applied online on 22 May, 2023 and today i.e., 15 June 2023, I received an email with an attached pdf file having UCI number and application number. I belive it is AOR. So in my case it took only 23 days.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes that is AOR and you can create account with that.