+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to mail the PR card?

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
We have our landing interview on July 18, and would like to visit our family in Germany for 2-3 weeks before September. Do you think it's likely that the PR card will come soon enough? We live in Etobicoke.

What have your experiences been like?

Also, do they take your passport at the landing interview?

Many thanks!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
We have our landing interview on July 18, and would like to visit our family in Germany for 2-3 weeks before September. Do you think it's likely that the PR card will come soon enough? We live in Etobicoke.
The official website is saying 11 days. BUT it will take about a week for the papers to get to Sydney and another week or two after they approve it to be made up and mailed out. Bottom line is probably allow AT LEAST one month, maybe two. You MIGHT get it back in time for your trip, but you might not. No way to speed it up either. If you go without it, you will need to apply for a PRTD at the Canadian embassy in Germany when you are out there OR fly back to the USA and cross on foot or by car at a land border. Personally, I wouldn't chance it unless you get the card at the last moment. My wife's took 3 months, but that was in July 2017. Processing times vary enormously. All of this is assuming they like the photos they get, they have been known to request new photos.

No

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019

Many thanks!
I got mine in 12 business days. Website says 14. But I would give or take a week or 2.

TylerAK

Mar 20, 2019

Many thanks!
at our interview on July 10 the officer said it would arrive in the mail 3-4 weeks from the landing date

TylerAK

Mar 20, 2019

Many thanks!
also they did not take the passport

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
The official website is saying 11 days. BUT it will take about a week for the papers to get to Sydney and another week or two after they approve it to be made up and mailed out. Bottom line is probably allow AT LEAST one month, maybe two. You MIGHT get it back in time for your trip, but you might not. No way to speed it up either. If you go without it, you will need to apply for a PRTD at the Canadian embassy in Germany when you are out there OR fly back to the USA and cross on foot or by car at a land border. Personally, I wouldn't chance it unless you get the card at the last moment. My wife's took 3 months, but that was in July 2017. Processing times vary enormously. All of this is assuming they like the photos they get, they have been known to request new photos.

No
Thank you for all this info, much appreciated. I guess we'll just have to see.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018

Many thanks!
Mine arrived 20 days after the landing date