+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to hear back after PRA interview

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Hi, This post is about my brother's application filed for Permanent Resident Application. His spouse is in Montrral Quebec. The online status says it is "In-process". The details are following-

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2012.

2.We started processing your application on May 28, 2013.

3.Medical results have been received.

4.Interview scheduled for May 2, 2013.

Something is not making sense here. Interview was scheduled and conducted before start processing application? Till August 5th, he didn't hear back anything. Can anyone please shed some light on it? His interview was done in New-Delhi, India. What kind of outcomes are possible in this case?

Thanks!

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
let me see if i can help you with that, this is a common misconception. processing an application it two steps the second step is done after and interview is warranted or waived. so in your case after his interview they started processing the critical part of his application, and it depends on what his answer was at the interview, if at the interview they told him his relationship is genuine, the next stage is doing the background check, when i did my interview on may 9th a few weeeks after they sent me a new declaration form A to full out and send them also some other documents which involve background cheks and also medicals,

now if you didnt get an answer at the interview then most likely they will send your application to a senior officer or supervisor for help on the decision and that takes another 3-6 months. i hope that clears a little for u

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Hi, thanks for the post! I should have added more information at the first place to give more clear picture. Around three years ago, my brothes-in-laws filed his application in canada first time and brother got interviewed in New-delhi but he got denial. They were doubtful about his marriage. Later on, his in-laws appealed in canada and his wife got interviewed in courst. But the outcome was again denial. Last year they have put fresh applicaiton and have shown that we are trying for the issue but treatment is undergoing. They had attached medical reports along with the application. My borther got called for Interview in May. He says that the interprator seemed biased and told we are not giving you visa at this time but will contact you latter on. I don't know how what could be possible after this. Now having this additional info can change the possible outcomes of my brohter's application?

Thanks,
Bhupinder

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
at the interview he was told he wasnt getting the visa, it also meant that he was denied again, and maybe doing a review on his application so they can send him a letter on the decision, which dosnt look to good cause if at the interview they told him they wont giev it to him, then they are usualy firm on their answers. one of the things i woul do is order his GCMS notes to find out what are the officers problem with the relationship, it has to be something quiet substatial for them to turn him down so often, could it be age,religoun,profession etc etc?

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
I sincerely appreciate your feedback. What is GSMS notes, how to order it and how would it be beneficial? They both are from same religion and infact both the families belong to same town state and country. Their familiesa were friends from years. But both of them are doing temporary non-technical jobs. They have reasoned the differnce in response but the differences in statements are so minor and should be overlooked. please pose few suggestions. one more thing, if tehy have already made up their mind then why it is taking them more than 3 months to send the letter. Last time he recived the denial notice after 15 days of interview.

Thanks,
Bhupinder

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
the gcms notes allow you to see what the officers concerns about the relationship, very disriptivly, its give u a very good idea of what the officer is doing and his basis of his denial. you can order the notes on the CIC website there is a fee of $5.00 to pay and only a a landed resident can order it. but the person must get consent from the applicant. it usually take 30 days or less to get to you, but its the best bet right now on knowing anything instead of waiting for the officer to get back to yourll.

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
i would thnik that now they stat to look his backround checks, if he had his interview in March and he didnt hear anything from them it can be a very good news, but the backround check it take 3-6 months sometimes longer if he lived somewhere else before from age 18.
i would first check my junk email and regular email because sometimes they can email you , and alos dont relate a lot on ECAS it is not update often ,.
Good luck

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
thanks for the post. It seems you also had to wait 4 months after the interview and I imagine this is the first time you have applied for the Canada visa. At what steps I should expect to recieve email?

Thanks,
Bhupinder

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
bhupi80singh said:
thanks for the post. It seems you also had to wait 4 months after the interview and I imagine this is the first time you have applied for the Canada visa. At what steps I should expect to recieve email?

Thanks,
Bhupinder
yeah my husband had the interview on October 18, and we didnt hear anything from our embass that in Februaryu when they asjked for the passport, the backround check i remebered they told us it takes 3-6 months if you never been any where except in your country .
yeah we applied for the first time and we got approved the firts time thnx god.
Good luck i have feeling that you will have a god news

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
It's nice to hear that you had good experience with Canada embassy. One more question, did they say anything about the outcome of interview to your husband at the time of interview. The reason I am asking because they (the interpreter) told my brother at the end of interview that at this time we are not giving you visa but will contact you later.

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
bhupi80singh said:
It's nice to hear that you had good experience with Canada embassy. One more question, did they say anything about the outcome of interview to your husband at the time of interview. The reason I am asking because they (the interpreter) told my brother at the end of interview that at this time we are not giving you visa but will contact you later.
i remebred they told to my husband that he passed the interveiw and he has to wait for the further contact , they never give the visa right away , if they decided not to give the visa they will tell you in front i herad or a week after , but i would recomed tell your brothers wife to contact MP and explain to them everything that he had interview and now in ECAs showing is in Process,
MP can contact embassy and see what is goign own with his file

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Actually, this is the first time I am trying to understand the whole process. It's been more than 3 years when they initiated this processing at first place and his in-laws have hired an attorney. I am in US and never heard about MP or congressman getting involved the outcome of interview at any stage. can you please shed more light how MPs are involved in this process and how much they can influence it? His in-laws might already knows about it but for my understanding it would be good to learn so I can refer them the exact process to reach MP and what to do.

Thanks,
Bhupinder

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
@bhup the MP cannot do anything but get some answers on why you didnt get the visa but they themselves cannot over-ride or change the officers mind in immigration it totally out of their control. like i told you before if the officer said he is not getting the visa am sad to say that is his final offer and the only two things you can do is wait for the letter stating why and as soon as you get it you file for an appeal. an appeal is your best senario, but as for going to an MP to over turn or do anything for his benifit, sorry to say it cant happen.

i know its tough but right now get a lawyer to work on a strong appeal, there is a few forum here with the appeal process.

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
bhupi80singh said:
Actually, this is the first time I am trying to understand the whole process. It's been more than 3 years when they initiated this processing at first place and his in-laws have hired an attorney. I am in US and never heard about MP or congressman getting involved the outcome of interview at any stage. can you please shed more light how MPs are involved in this process and how much they can influence it? His in-laws might already knows about it but for my understanding it would be good to learn so I can refer them the exact process to reach MP and what to do.

Thanks,
Bhupinder
every city has the MP which is Member of parliement , they are not speding your process, but they can contact embassy and asked what is goign own with your applications, i rembered when we had our process after the interveiew i didnt heard anythign from the embassy and i was curios to know more abput my file i called MP and i explained to them what is goign own , they emaild the embassy and after couiples hours i had the emial from MP saying thay we are in backround check it will take 3-6 months sometimes longer to check your backround, and alos they they told to MP that i need to email them
military booklet to shwo that my husband wasnt in war , or in military , i found MP really helpful they are some people that they are not happy with MP , but honestly MP here in Windsor ontario was helpful .
just tell them to contact Mp hopefuly they are like our MP here
if you have any question let me know , i am more than happy to answwer you

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
millslu said:
@ bhup the MP cannot do anything but get some answers on why you didnt get the visa but they themselves cannot over-ride or change the officers mind in immigration it totally out of their control. like i told you before if the officer said he is not getting the visa am sad to say that is his final offer and the only two things you can do is wait for the letter stating why and as soon as you get it you file for an appeal. an appeal is your best senario, but as for going to an MP to over turn or do anything for his benifit, sorry to say it cant happen.

i know its tough but right now get a lawyer to work on a strong appeal, there is a few forum here with the appeal process.
Mp can find the information if the visa is denied or he is in backround check, usually when they denied your visa they are teling you after couple weeks, and for him is like 1 montha and more that he had the interveiw and he didnt hear anything .
is not nesecary that they refused his visa, after they interview they dont give your visa right away , bhupi80singh as i mentioned before it can be pozitive or negative answer i will justy contact Mp and not listen to anybody ./