+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get the study permit?

Najibullah Yaqubi

Jun 6, 2022
Dear all,
I hope all are doing well.
I applied for a study permit on 12, June 2022, and I completed my biometric on date 05, July 2022.
I am waiting for the IRCC response, but my lesson at university will start on the date: of 15, September 2022.
I humbly request that anyone tell me how long it will take that IRCC responds accordingly?
Or should I defer my application to the next available semester?
Thank you so much

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear all,
I hope all are doing well.
I applied for a study permit on 12, June 2022, and I completed my biometric on date 05, July 2022.
I am waiting for the IRCC response, but my lesson at university will start on the date: of 15, September 2022.
I humbly request that anyone tell me how long it will take that IRCC responds accordingly?
Or should I defer my application to the next available semester?
Thank you so much
At least 12 weeks. So consider deferring.

Reactions: Najibullah Yaqubi

Najibullah Yaqubi

Jun 6, 2022
At least 12 weeks. So consider deferring.
Thank you so much for your response and appreciate that.
I contacted my university and they will defer my application to the next available semester and issue me a new acceptance offer letter.
My question is this, should I share my new acceptance letter after deferral my application with IRCC through web form?
I would be glad for your prompt feedback.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your response and appreciate that.
I contacted my university and they will defer my application to the next available semester and issue me a new acceptance offer letter.
My question is this, should I share my new acceptance letter after deferral my application with IRCC through web form?
I would be glad for your prompt feedback.
Yes you must update your file with your new LOA

Reactions: Najibullah Yaqubi

Kennedy_3535

Oct 1, 2022
Good day all,
I applied to a college in Canada and got accepted tho am a degree holder from Ukraine university.

I applied for study permit on may 1, 2022. for September intake. The deadline for study permit approval in my LOA was July 1, 2022 and Offer expiry date was August 29, 2022. I got refused on 18 June 2022…reason” your assets and financial situations are insufficient”. On 23rd july I was switched to another program to accommodate visa extensions by my college.

Responding to my financially situations I paid full tuition deposit and funded my account more

I applied again on 6 July with the old LOA even tho I had a new acceptance letter which I was switched to….my reasons are since I was switched to different program is better to use the old one so that my application and LOE doesn’t change. After one week I updated the new LOE using webform.
On 29 September 2022, I got refused again with these reasons . • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s).

my questions is what could be the problem?
Is it because I went for college?
Was it because I used old Acceptance letter?

lastly in which manner or steps or sequence do I upload my financial documents?( I started mine with sponsor then lastly my own account statement)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day all,
I applied to a college in Canada and got accepted tho am a degree holder from Ukraine university.

I applied for study permit on may 1, 2022. for September intake. The deadline for study permit approval in my LOA was July 1, 2022 and Offer expiry date was August 29, 2022. I got refused on 18 June 2022…reason” your assets and financial situations are insufficient”. On 23rd july I was switched to another program to accommodate visa extensions by my college.

Responding to my financially situations I paid full tuition deposit and funded my account more

I applied again on 6 July with the old LOA even tho I had a new acceptance letter which I was switched to….my reasons are since I was switched to different program is better to use the old one so that my application and LOE doesn’t change. After one week I updated the new LOE using webform.
On 29 September 2022, I got refused again with these reasons . • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s).

my questions is what could be the problem?
Is it because I went for college?
Was it because I used old Acceptance letter?

lastly in which manner or steps or sequence do I upload my financial documents?( I started mine with sponsor then lastly my own account statement)
You need to order GCMS notes because purpose of visit can mean many things (program not relevant to education or career advancement, ties to home country). You should have included a new LOE if you changed programs.

How much did you show in your own funds? How old are you to require a sponsor? What and how long is the program?

Kennedy_3535

Oct 1, 2022
You need to order GCMS notes because purpose of visit can mean many things (program not relevant to education or career advancement, ties to home country). You should have included a new LOE if you changed programs.

How much did you show in your own funds? How old are you to require a sponsor? What and how long is the program?
please how do I order for my GCMS?
I paid complete tuition fee for a year,
Am 28years and in my own funds there wasn’t much(2000$) because am using sponsor(parents) which has over 40000$

Kennedy_3535

Oct 1, 2022
please how do I order for my GCMS?
I paid complete tuition fee for a year,
Am 28years and in my own funds there wasn’t much(2000$) because am using sponsor(parents) which has over 40000$
the program is heavy oil power Engineering and is a 2 years diploma program

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
the program is heavy oil power Engineering and is a 2 years diploma program
Google Order GCMS notes. Do you have a degree already? Is this a post-grad program? What is your background in the field, and career prospects in home country? You are 28 years old so should be showing more of your own funds. So first year is paid, so how much is tuition for year 2?

Kennedy_3535

Oct 1, 2022
Google Order GCMS notes. Do you have a degree already? Is this a post-grad program? What is your background in the field, and career prospects in home country? You are 28 years old so should be showing more of your own funds. So first year is paid, so how much is tuition for year 2?
yes, I have a degree in oil and gas engineering.
Is not a post graduate program, is college diploma program.
2 year tuition fee is 19500 CAD