+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get passport back

Ararso

Mar 21, 2018
I applied for a study permit on Feb 07 and got an email requesting my passport and medical on 21 Feb. I did medical on 26 Feb and send passport on 27. However, my medical result was submitted on March 12 (It got delayed of course). I submitted my application to the embassy in Kenya. The course starts on May 07.
How many more days could they take to send my passport back with a visa stamped?
Anyone with such experience?

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
I applied for a study permit on Feb 07 and got an email requesting my passport and medical on 21 Feb. I did medical on 26 Feb and send passport on 27. However, my medical result was submitted on March 12 (It got delayed of course). I submitted my application to the embassy in Kenya. The course starts on May 07.
How many more days could they take to send my passport back with a visa stamped?
Anyone with such experience?
You have to be patient at this point. There is nothing much to do. If your passport doesn’t return on time, the only option is to defer to September. Please contact your academic unit regarding this.

Ararso

Mar 21, 2018
Thank you.
Ya, there’s nothing much to do. I will wait for some few weeks and defer the course.

Ararso

Mar 21, 2018
You have to be patient at this point. There is nothing much to do. If your passport doesn’t return on time, the only option is to defer to September. Please contact your academic unit regarding this.
I just got an email from them saying my study permit application has been approved.
I think now it’s guaranteed that I got the visa.
It’s a matter of time to receive a passport with visa stamped.

Reactions: Najibullah Yaqubi

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
I just got an email from them saying my study permit application has been approved.
I think now it’s guaranteed that I got the visa.
It’s a matter of time to receive a passport with visa stamped.
That’s amazing news. congratulations

Najibullah Yaqubi

Jun 6, 2022
Dear all,
I hope all are doing well.
I applied for a study permit on 12, June 2022, and I completed my biometric on date 05, July 2022.
I am waiting for the IRCC response, but my lesson at university will start on the date: of 15, September 2022.
I humbly request that anyone tell me how long it will take that IRCC responds accordingly?
Or should I defer my application to the next available semester?
Thank you so much

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Dear all,
I hope all are doing well.
I applied for a study permit on 12, June 2022, and I completed my biometric on date 05, July 2022.
I am waiting for the IRCC response, but my lesson at university will start on the date: of 15, September 2022.
I humbly request that anyone tell me how long it will take that IRCC responds accordingly?
Or should I defer my application to the next available semester?
Thank you so much
The current processing times (which is around 12 weeks currently) starts counting from the moment they receive your Biometrics, not when you complete them. But your application may take longer to be processed. Mine took more than 19 weeks for example.

You should know your university's policies and important dates so that you know if you can defer or not and when would you have to inform it. Good luck!

Najibullah Yaqubi

Jun 6, 2022
The current processing times (which is around 12 weeks currently) starts counting from the moment they receive your Biometrics, not when you complete them. But your application may take longer to be processed. Mine took more than 19 weeks for example.

You should know your university's policies and important dates so that you know if you can defer or not and when would you have to inform it. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your response and appreciate that.
I contacted my university and they will defer my application to the next available semester and issue me a new acceptance offer letter.
My question is this, should I share my new acceptance letter after deferral my application with IRCC through web form?
I would be glad for your prompt feedback.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
A
Thank you so much for your response and appreciate that.
I contacted my university and they will defer my application to the next available semester and issue me a new acceptance offer letter.
My question is this, should I share my new acceptance letter after deferral my application with IRCC through web form?
I would be glad for your prompt feedback.
According to IRCC information, you are not obligated to inform them if the new start date is within 150 days from the original date. However, I would advice you to inform them so that your Visa is issued according to your updated study dates.

Reactions: Najibullah Yaqubi

Najibullah Yaqubi

Jun 6, 2022
A

According to IRCC information, you are not obligated to inform them if the new start date is within 150 days from the original date. However, I would advice you to inform them so that your Visa is issued according to your updated study dates.
Thank you so much for your feedback..