+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get Acknowledgement letter (application number) on your Spouse PR Application?

harpreetkrd

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
I've submitted my Spouse Visa Application, courier got delivered 2 days back. How long does it take to get the application number?

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
Its nightmare with IRCC, I am calling them every week once these days and they say only this:

"your application is on the system but we are checking the completeness of the application" for past 6 months!!! no AOR

At this point, i have to lose my job and return to my country and i'm not sure if i get any job there

Lost all the hopes, even if i get that AOR or whatever it is, it would take another year

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
Guys would you suggest me here?

I spoke to many people who applied for spouse VISA this year 2021 everyone got their application moving. couple of guys who applied around May 2021 got PPR request meanwhile I am waiting for first AOR since April 2021

I am thinking that they might have forgotten the application or put it in the backlog. Also IRCC agent mentioned that applications are picked up randomly and not in order.

Should I withdraw my application and re-apply ? Instead of waiting for another 3 years?

@Naturgrl

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Guys would you suggest me here?

I spoke to many people who applied for spouse VISA this year 2021 everyone got their application moving. couple of guys who applied around May 2021 got PPR request meanwhile I am waiting for first AOR since April 2021

I am thinking that they might have forgotten the application or put it in the backlog. Also IRCC agent mentioned that applications are picked up randomly and not in order.

Should I withdraw my application and re-apply ? Instead of waiting for another 3 years?

@Naturgrl
Call and see if you have got temporary number and/or ask your MP. There is a possibility has been returned to you (by email or post) and you have not seen.

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
Call and see if you have got temporary number and/or ask your MP. There is a possibility has been returned to you (by email or post) and you have not seen.
Called IRCC multiple times, response from them for past 5 months "Checking the completeness of the application"
Application is in the system but no one is taking a look

but my question is how they are processing August, September applicants? should I withdraw and re apply? instead of waiting for 2 more years?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Called IRCC multiple times, response from them for past 5 months "Checking the completeness of the application"

but my question is how they are processing August, September applicants? should I withdraw and re apply? instead of waiting for 2 more years?
Up to you. April is not two years, i would think premature.

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021

Mostly likely your application will be send back to you and return by mail. This happenned to me last year it took 7 months for them to return my application saying a document was missing. And whenever i was calling they were telling me the same stories

Jazz38

Jun 1, 2021
Mostly likely your application will be send back to you and return by mail. This happenned to me last year it took 7 months for them to return my application saying a document was missing. And whenever i was calling they were telling me the same stories

Oh, man!. They are playing with our lives. it would be better if they say it sooner which helps us to make some life decisions.

Did you apply again? and what's the status now?