+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get a study visa under SDS

bleh.bleh

Jul 31, 2019
Hello anxious humans,

I have been lurking on this forum for days on end to try and relieve my anxiety, I hope this helps you'll.
My Timeline;
I gave my medicals on the 28th of June 2019 in Bangalore (upfront).
I applied for my visa online on the 2nd of July 2019. Received a letter asking for my biometrics the very next day.
I then submitted my biometrics on the 4th of July 2019 in Bombay.
I didn't receive any updates for a while, then on the 16th of July 2019, I received a student acknowledgement letter (email) from the embassy in Delhi. After about one weeks time (more or less 5 days), I noticed the biometrics section of my application had been updated.
On the 27th of July 2019, I received a message for my biometrics confirmation; the medicals section in the application had also been updated on the very same day, now displaying that I have cleared my exam.
On the 29th of July 2019 at about 02.00 when I checked my application again, I noticed that I had received another message dated the 28th of July 2019 asking me to submit my passport at a VAC of my convenience. The final decision of the application now said that my application has been approved.
On the 30th of July 2019, I submitted my passport to the VAC center in Bangalore. I received a notification stating that my passport is at the IRCC in Bangalore and is currently being processed.

From my timeline it can easily be understood that my visa has been processed under the general category, this is because I have not applied to a college as such (I noticed that many of you'll have applied to colleges and have submitted your visa under the SDS category).

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019
Hello friends,
I applied for study permit (SDS) online on 13th July for Fall 2019.
Biometrics done on 18th July and updated same day.
Since that no new update yet not even for medical passed or failed.
I applied for Ontario and for my spouse and two children together with my application. I still wonder how many days it will take to get update. I did upfront medical on 4th July. my spouse for OWP(open work permit) because I applied for master (MBA) in university . I am worried because classes will start on 3rd September 2019. please let me know if I will have any update in upcoming weeks .
Thanks in advance.

Last edited: