+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get a request for passport submission after giving medical test?

Neethi

Feb 12, 2019
Hi all,
My spouse had applied for my sponsorship PR in March end this year and I received a notification last month which required me to submit my medical and biometrics. Both were submitted last week. I wanted to know how long does it take to get a request for passport submission after this as when I try checking it online, it does not show any updates.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi all,
My spouse had applied for my sponsorship PR in March end this year and I received a notification last month which required me to submit my medical and biometrics. Both were submitted last week. I wanted to know how long does it take to get a request for passport submission after this as when I try checking it online, it does not show any updates.
You have to clear a few steps before you get your passport request. First you will have to wait for your file to be transferred. Once they transfer and if all is good with your PA’s eligibility (ie they find your relationship genuine) they will then send you a pre arrival email first if by that time your BGC ( Background Check) is not completed. Then you get your PPR when your BGC is completed (time depends on how long it takes to complete BGC for your file). If your BGC is already completed and then if your eligibility is approved, you’ll get your PPR email and that will have pre arrival attached to it too. If they need more proof from you with regards to your relationship, they will request you for additional documents and then once you submit them and they review it, will make a decision based on it. What Visa Office you get transferred to depends on how straightforward your case is. If you get Mississauga VO, they are quite quick to process, if you get your PA’s local VO, time depends on that VO’s processing times.
Sometimes if you go to Mississauga and they request additional documents from you and after reviewing, are still not satisfied, they will ask for more docs or in most cases, forward you application to the PA’s local VO.
The length of your processing therefore depends on how strong your case is, what your local VO is and how quick they can complete your BGC and Eligibility. So be patient.

charlessebz

Jun 1, 2015
Hi all,
Hello Neethi,

I applied for my wife's PR in March. Medical was done last month at the same time.. Seems our timelines are similar. Appreciate if you could share any updates. Thank you. And wish you all the very best for fast processing. :)

Neethi

Feb 12, 2019
Hi,

I actually received an update last week by tracking it online which showed that they received the medicals. Now I am waiting for a mail confirmation from their end for my passport submission. I do not know how long that would take.