+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to change my Visa from S1 to SW1

Luwiswis

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
Hello, Everyone, hope anyone can help me. I recently got student visa ang it says S1. I supposed to get SW1. and I emailed Manila Immigration and they said i could bring the passport and visa to nearest VAC. I am here in Dubai and I just submitted it to VFS dubai to change my Visa. My problem is I submitted my Visa July 8 and My Flight will be Aug 9. How long does IRCC fix my visa and ship it back to me. Also there will be a week holiday starting tomorrow. So I am already stress. Should i rebook my flight adn quarantine plan?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you. Im still waiting for me visa. Im already stressed
But the question is why did you have to change your TRV? What you have right now is TRV in your passport, not a study permit that will be issued at the POE by the Border official. S-1 or SW1 serve same purpose, to travel. You could travel with S1 and explain with the CBSA and they could issue you with Study/Work Permit

Last edited:
Reactions: wonderbly

Luwiswis

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
But the question is why did you have to change your TRV? What you have right now is TRV in your passport, not a study permit that will be issued at the POE by the Border official. S-1 or SW1 serve same purpose, to travel. You could travel with S1 and explain with the CBSA and they could issue you with Study/Work Permit
Yes. That was my mistake and now i dont know if i need to rebook anything.