+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to assess my eligibility to sponsor?

mcmaster

Apr 18, 2011
Type: Canadian living outside Canada sponsoring a spouse.

I have mailed my sponsorship application to Canada 2 weeks ago, yet I didn't get any email from them.
I am worried.

Anyone can help me with their experiences?

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
mcmaster said:

I have mailed my sponsorship application to Canada 2 weeks ago, yet I didn't get any email from them.
I am worried.

Usually it takes about 3-4 weeks to get your AOR1 and sponsor approval. Just be patient.

Emily12

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
27/01/2017 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
05-04-2017
I wouldn't be concerned at all. I didn't get confirmation that they even received my application until a month after they received it, then a couple weeks later I was approved as a sponsor.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
The times vary. Some people get it quite quickly and others wait a while. They received our application the beginning of January and we just got SA the other day.

mcmaster

Apr 18, 2011
Thanks, I have received an email from them asking me for background check and police certificate.
I have linked my account to cic, but i can't see the upload button so I submitted them on webform.
3 weeks, and still no updates from them.... :(

Caro1612

Jun 26, 2017
I sent my application on April 6th, and I received my Letter to link my account with the application # on May 3rd, after, I didn't know that I have 30 days to send the background check and police certificate, and when I realized it, I couldn't do through my online account so I send it through web form, on June 26th a month after on Jul 27 I received an email that my documents were received and sent it to the responsible officer. Since then, I don't have any update, my online account still says Application is in progress, I'm worried too!! :/,

ginsan

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
I sent my application on April 6th, and I received my Letter to link my account with the application # on May 3rd, after, I didn't know that I have 30 days to send the background check and police certificate, and when I realized it, I couldn't do through my online account so I send it through web form, on June 26th a month after on Jul 27 I received an email that my documents were received and sent it to the responsible officer. Since then, I don't have any update, my online account still says Application is in progress, I'm worried too!! :/,
your timeline is sort of "normal". no worry.

Feb 6, 2019
I have sponsored my husband.I haven't gotten anything expect my first email on 31 ofoJanuary, that was the confirmation that I have all documents. After that until now I haven't hear back anything. Im so worried and I'm a student too I don't know when I will hear back and it also have a influence on my performance.

scy0017

Jan 16, 2019

I am worried.

Maximum 1 month

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH
Is there something to worry about because I know someone who got AOR Dec 13 but have not received sponsorship approval until now. She tried to call but was advised that it’s still within the timeframe - which they ALWAYS say. Everyone who applied after them even (Nov applicants) got their MR as of today. Should my friend be concerned?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Stop worrying. Sponsorship approvals can take a month or two in most cases. Personal experience was updates occurred I frequently, if at all. Go back to your studies...they will notify you of important updates. It’s much harder if you check every day for updates.

The process takes about a year....there are no specific timeline during that year that things will happen. Just get your mind around the fact that’s how long it takes.

scy0017

Jan 16, 2019
Is there something to worry about because I know someone who got AOR Dec 13 but have not received sponsorship approval until now. She tried to call but was advised that it’s still within the timeframe - which they ALWAYS say. Everyone who applied after them even (Nov applicants) got their MR as of today. Should my friend be concerned?
I submitted my application feb 8, I was approved as sponsor April 3. You don't have to worry.