+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for UBC to make a decision on my application

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
All we can do is wait, I don't think the status will change in between 'submitted' and 'decision made'.

Just be a little more patient, I feel it will take no more than 2 weeks from now

AnjaliA

Mar 13, 2016
Ur profile is strong.

Did you apply to both the campuses of UBC???

I had received conditional offer from UBC, Okanagan. Only few days back I got unconditional admission offer.

I was expecting UBC, Vancouver but unfortunately I was unsuccessful and I got reply from them updating the status.

Have you applied to any other university? I have admission offer of Queens University as well. Now I'm actually confused which one to go for?

Regards,

Anjali

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I didn't know Okanagan and Vancouver campus had different acceptances otherwise I would have applied to both

Markicof

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
07/07/16
gururaj026 said:
I applied for UBC - Vancouver campus- MEng in Mechatronics design, I completed my online application on 15th Feb. I asked them when they will start reviewing applications and got the reply that they will start reviewing only after deadline which is March 1 and I'll be able to see the status of my application in my login used for applying. My application status in the login is still 'submitted'. In the student service centre, when I login with my ID, it's showing, 'No application here. You should contact the department''. I asked them about this and got the reply to be patient while they review applications and admitted students will be contacted through Email. So,
1. when do you think they will start reviewing my application?
2. How can I follow up?
3. How long does it take for them to make a decision?
Hi

I have also applied to UBC Vancouver for a Phd in Electrical Engineering. I submitted my application in December last year and a decision still has not been reached. On the ECE website https://www.ece.ubc.ca/admissions/graduate/apply it says

"For September 2016, although we will try to notify all applicants of the results by the end of February 2016, final decisions could take as long as until the end of March 2016."

However on 'process' tab it says "Admissions are on-going and students applying for September admission, will be notified by the end of April."

I have also applied for the same course at UoA and UoT and have not had a response either.

UoA states 'after periodic review panels'.
UoT is June.

I hope this helps, I wouldn't panic just yet. It will be a long wait for the popular institutions.

DrDan

May 21, 2014
I got acceptance email last night from UBC. Probably they answer within April month. Best of lcuk

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
DrDan said:
I got acceptance email last night from UBC. Probably they answer within April month. Best of lcuk
Hi could you please share details on which course you applied? Your profile and you any kind of follow up? It would be a lot of help.

Thanks

AnjaliA

Mar 13, 2016
U got admission from which campus of ubc??

Which course have u applied? ??

Please can u share your details please

Anjali

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Did anyone else get this message?

"Your file is ready for an evaluation. At this time, due to an unprecedented influx in applications, we expect that an evaluation will take place between April 15 and May 30. We know you have been waiting for some time for our decision. We apologize for this delay, and we appreciate your patience. We will be in touch with you by email should we require additional information. Once your application is evaluated, we will email you with our decision, and we will update the status of your application on the Student Service Centre."

I've been waiting since Feb for bachelor of arts at both Vancouver and Okanagan! :(

Markicof

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
07/07/16
It seems the wait continues. The end of may will be cutting it fine for visa applications!

Also has anyone been on http://thegradcafe.com/? It gives a little more insight into applications being processed.

Markicof

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
07/07/16
Has anyone had a response yet? I have pretty much given up hope on UBC at this stage.