+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for UBC to make a decision on my application

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
Hey Guys,

I applied for UBC - Vancouver campus- MEng in Mechatronics design, I completed my online application on 15th Feb. I asked them when they will start reviewing applications and got the reply that they will start reviewing only after deadline which is March 1 and I'll be able to see the status of my application in my login used for applying. My application status in the login is still 'submitted'. In the student service centre, when I login with my ID, it's showing, 'No application here. You should contact the department''. I asked them about this and got the reply to be patient while they review applications and admitted students will be contacted through Email. So,
1. when do you think they will start reviewing my application?
2. How can I follow up?
3. How long does it take for them to make a decision?

I'm worried because only after their decision, I have proceed with arranging funds and Visa. So guys who already got admit or in the process can help me.

Thanks.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I applied for Msc in Civil Engineering on the 30th of January and still haven't got a reply.
My application, still says "Submitted" just like yours.

But I don't think UBC makes decisions before April.

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
@Helina Yes. When I asked them the status through mail they told me to be patient and admitted students will be contacted by mail.

Do you know about Ottawa's admission process. They are saying that they will review application when they receive it and provide decision then and there. I applied for Jan-17 intake and my documents and TOEFL scores are yet to be sent to them. If I sent them now, can I expect a decision before the winter application deadline ie July-16?

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I haven't applied there but a friend of mine who applied there hasn't received a decision on his application for September 2016 Intake so I doubt you will get a reply anytime soon.

AnjaliA

Mar 13, 2016
Hieee !!!

I already received response from both the campuses of UBC for Sept 2016 intake. I had applied for Masters in Electrical Engineering program. I received official admission offer today only. Unfortunately I was expecting offer from UBC, Vancouver but unfortunately couldnt succeed.

Lets c hopefully I get to know something about scholarship too.

Regards,

Anjali

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
AnjaliA said:
Hieee !!!

I already received response from both the campuses of UBC for Sept 2016 intake. I had applied for Masters in Electrical Engineering program. I received official admission offer today only. Unfortunately I was expecting offer from UBC, Vancouver but unfortunately couldnt succeed.

Lets c hopefully I get to know something about scholarship too.

Regards,

Anjali
Hi Anjali, Congrats, could you please share us some details,

1. Your profile
2. When did you apply?
3. Your application process
4. Is it normal that my application status still shows 'Submitted' and in student service centre it says no application found.

Pls answer the above questions and it really will be a lot of help.

Thanks

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
Helina93 said:
I applied January 30th, and application status still says: Submitted.
Same for me Helina. I completed my application on Feb-15. My profile is

12th - 91%
BE -Mech - CGPA - 8.1
TOEFL - 103
4 years in L&t

What do you think? Will I make it?

Thanks

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Both Vancouver Campus, MSc In Civil Engineering as far as their profile I don't feel comfortable sharing that.

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
Helina93 said:
Both Vancouver Campus, MSc In Civil Engineering as far as their profile I don't feel comfortable sharing that.
Well atleast you can compare my profile with their profile and tell whether I have a chance. Cz I'm starting to loose hope.

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
Helina93 said:
I can tell you that your profile is way better than theirs
Thanks for that....but I'm really starting to loose my patience. Are you doing any kind of follow-up on your application? It's still showing submitted and I doubt whether it's ready for review or not or they will ever let us know anything...!!!