+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for Scarborough office to schedule test

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Hi All,
How long in your experience did it take for Scarborough office to schedule test after the transfer date?

Thank you!

Hope311

Mar 3, 2014
Hi Dejaavu,

I wish i have a good answer for you question as i applied in sep 2013 transferred to Scarborough in Jan 2014 and waiting

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
Thanks Hope311!

I guess this year will be a long year of waiting for me. My file just got transferred Scarborough 2 weeks ago and my application was received in Sydney, NS June 24, 2013...

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope311 said:
I think the birth country makes the difference
How come? Can you expand on that?

Hope311

Mar 3, 2014
Different Country of birth may have different background checks , also the responses from those countries is a matter as it vary .

in addition if you lived /worked in other countries for certain time they will need to get a background check , that is why they ask where you used to live in the last 4 years

It is only my thoughts

culturaltiger

Jan 16, 2014
A call centre agent said test will be within 6 month from the date file transferred to local office. Another agent said it is not true. Don't know who to believe.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
When I called the CIC, the agent told me that I should get my test invite sometime around holidays (December 2014) and then I mentioned that if I go outside of Canada for more than 2 weeks, do I need to notify them since his assumption is that I take the test in December 2014. He said that that the test date could come sooner and that I should notify CIC and that the Dec 2014 is not set in stone.

swindsor2010

Feb 9, 2014
Hope311 said:
Different Country of birth may have different background checks , also the responses from those countries is a matter as it vary .

in addition if you lived /worked in other countries for certain time they will need to get a background check , that is why they ask where you used to live in the last 4 years

It is only my thoughts
I don't think CIC can do background checks in every country you lived in. Can you imagine Canada going around asking other countries about private information they hold about their own citizens? I don't think those other countries would simply disclose private information about their citizens to Canada anyway. When you apply to become PR, CIC asks you to provide background police checks from every country you lived in for more than 6 months - but you have to go ask the information yourself and provide it to CIC.