+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for IRCC to reopen the application after Settlement in Federal court for tourist visa?

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
Hi everyone, I hired a lawyer and took my sister's application to federal court regarding her visitor visa refusal. We successfully got the settlement offer during the judicial process. Now, almost 50 days has passed and the application has not been re-opened. Does anyone know how long does it take for IRCC to re-open the application?

Shaparak1996

Jun 13, 2022
may i ask what was the reason Visa officer refused VISA?
She was refused because "The purpose of travel was not consistent with a temporary stay and the officer was not convinced she will leave Canada at the end of stay" and the "significant family ties in Canada ".

The reasons were very stupid since she has only me (her sister) in Canada and more than 50 relatives in her home country and she lives with my parents and many other things that relates her to her country. The purpose of travel reason was not reasonable since in all documents we mentioned that she is just coming to visit me after 5 years and provide all supporting documents to prove that this is just a family visit.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
May I ask if you have used a lawyer to raise the case. If you have some recommended lawyer, kindly send me details in private message. thank you in advance.
She was refused because "The purpose of travel was not consistent with a temporary stay and the officer was not convinced she will leave Canada at the end of stay" and the "significant family ties in Canada ".

The reasons were very stupid since she has only me (her sister) in Canada and more than 50 relatives in her home country and she lives with my parents and many other things that relates her to her country. The purpose of travel reason was not reasonable since in all documents we mentioned that she is just coming to visit me after 5 years and provide all supporting documents to prove that this is just a family visit.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May I ask if you have used a lawyer to raise the case. If you have some recommended lawyer, kindly send me details in private message. thank you in advance.
You didn't read the first post in this thread? OP hired a lawyer...

basit6006

Jan 28, 2020
Could you please tell me what is OP hired a lawyer . What is OP ?
I really appreciate if someone answered.
thanks in advance

basit6006

Jan 28, 2020

Hi
I need your help regarding my brother his application so I provided all documents and they gave me the same reason as they gave it to your sister unfortunately and I would like to know how you applied for review in the federal court and what kind of lawyer you choose if you send me a message in private chat or here will really help me.
Please reply to my post. I will really thankful to you for your favor.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I need your help regarding my brother his application so I provided all documents and they gave me the same reason as they gave it to your sister unfortunately and I would like to know how you applied for review in the federal court and what kind of lawyer you choose if you send me a message in private chat or here will really help me.
Please reply to my post. I will really thankful to you for your favor.
OP has not been on the forum in 4 months. Hopefully you will get a response that sister received TRV. You need to hire an immigration lawyer to file Judicial Review. A positive outcome only means IRCC will reopen the application again. It can still be refused.