+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take after applying for renunciation of PR status (electronically) to get approved?

Nadia1234

Aug 1, 2017
My residency card ran out in November and I did not meet the residency requirements to re apply as I have been living in the U.K. I recently applied for an ETA not knowing the permanent residence would be a factor in not getting approved and am applying to renounce my residence status electronically. I am wondering to those who have gone through the process, how long did your application take to get approved?

Reactions: jepipie and ajintom

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Average 2-3 weeks although no published timeline. Assuming you applied online through MYCIC and linked your letter in reponse to your ETA application to your renounce form.

ajintom

Aug 7, 2017
My residency card ran out in November and I did not meet the residency requirements to re apply as I have been living in the U.K. I recently applied for an ETA not knowing the permanent residence would be a factor in not getting approved and am applying to renounce my residence status electronically. I am wondering to those who have gone through the process, how long did your application take to get approved?
Hi,
I'm going through the same process right now. I had applied for my study permit TRV for my graduate studies in McGill university starting from September 1st. My expired PR status came in the way and I applied for a renunciation of the same to continue my study permit TRV exactly a week back. I hope I can make it on time for my course :/

Please do let me know if you get any updates about processing times and status of your application. Good luck !

Reactions: udhavsethi

Bizhan

Jun 26, 2017
I mailed my application for voluntarily renunce my pr,2 month ago but i did not get any response yet.i sent lots of emails for canadian embussy in turky but they did response nothig.i want to apply for tourist visa.

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
I mailed my application for voluntarily renunce my pr,2 month ago but i did not get any response yet.i sent lots of emails for canadian embussy in turky but they did response nothig.i want to apply for tourist visa.
Hello there. I was wondering how long it took you to get the response for the renounciation of your PR?

Rashonline

Dec 11, 2017
Hi everybody, Can I apply to renounce my Permanent Residence status electronically? I mean by submitting electronic copies of forms on CIC website or Canada.ca website?

udhavsethi

Aug 3, 2019
@ajintom,

I am facing the exact same issue as you for my student permit. I am unable to find much information on the expected processing time online. Can you please share your experience on if you were able to make it in time for your course? Any help is much appreciated.

himausa

Sep 2, 2021
Hi,
I'm going through the same process right now. I had applied for my study permit TRV for my graduate studies in McGill university starting from September 1st. My expired PR status came in the way and I applied for a renunciation of the same to continue my study permit TRV exactly a week back. I hope I can make it on time for my course :/

Please do let me know if you get any updates about processing times and status of your application. Good luck !
May I ask how long did it take to renounce the PR and how long did it take after PR renunciation to issues your TRV?

Farah M

Aug 28, 2022
May I ask how long did it take to renounce the PR and how long did it take after PR renunciation to issues your TRV?
hi can you please let me know how long it took to get your study permit after renouncing your PR? Last day for add drop at McGill is 13 September; and I am still in limbo between renouncing PR & the consequent acceptance of PR renunciation / and in parallel I started my study permit

Farah M

Aug 28, 2022
Hi,

Hi there / can you please let me know how long it took to get your study permit after renouncing your PR? Last day for add drop at McGill is 13 September; and I am still in limbo between renouncing PR & the consequent acceptance of PR renunciation / and in parallel I started my study permit. Please let me know how long it took you as I have the exact same case as yours

Aman Saigal

Sep 16, 2022
@ajintom,

I am facing the exact same issue as you for my student permit. I am unable to find much information on the expected processing time online. Can you please share your experience on if you were able to make it in time for your course? Any help is much appreciated.

Hey did you go through the renouncation process I have a similar case and did not know the expired pr card would come in way of my study permit ,even though I have not heard bacj yet on my study permit results due to huge backlog AT ircc I think if I do face a rejection it will be on these grounds,can you please guide on how to go through the renounce process if you did so

Aman Saigal

Sep 16, 2022
Hi there / can you please let me know how long it took to get your study permit after renouncing your PR? Last day for add drop at McGill is 13 September; and I am still in limbo between renouncing PR & the consequent acceptance of PR renunciation / and in parallel I started my study permit. Please let me know how long it took you as I have the exact same case as yours
Hey did you go forward with the pr renounciation , can you please guide me for the same , I had a few questions on the same