+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long does CIC take to order CBS report?

caza2014

Jul 10, 2014
I had my test and the officer wants to clarify my travel history. How long does it take to order CBS history by CIC officer?

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caza2014 said:
I had my test and the officer wants to clarify my travel history. How long does it take to order CBS history by CIC officer?
Same here. I gave test today and the officer wanted to verify my record with CBSA. I asked her how long will it take and her answer was a day or two to verify CBSA and once verified I should get oat invite in the mail.
Did you gave your test at Scarborough?

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
it is electronic and it takes no time.. they claim 1 day but i am sure it is instant since it is electronic.

I had the exact feedback on OCT 2014 when i did my test. still waiting in oath.. my application has been approved after the CBSA check was done and that took around 45 days after my test date. scheduling for the oath is what i am waiting for now .

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackbook said:
it is electronic and it takes no time.. they claim 1 day but i am sure it is instant since it is electronic.

I had the exact feedback on OCT 2014 when i did my test. still waiting in oath.. my application has been approved after the CBSA check was done and that took around 45 days after my test date. scheduling for the oath is what i am waiting for now .
Where did you gave your test?

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
VAtoCA said:
Same here. I gave test today and the officer wanted to verify my record with CBSA. I asked her how long will it take and her answer was a day or two to verify CBSA and once verified I should get oat invite in the mail.
Did you gave your test at Scarborough?
The office should already have your travel history as apart of the background check that is performed before inviting the applicant to write the test. I do not understand why they need to order a new report. Did you travel after submitting your application ?

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canad87 said:
The office should already have your travel history as apart of the background check that is performed before inviting the applicant to write the test. I do not understand why they need to order a new report. Did you travel after submitting your application ?
I don't think the officer had my travel history (at least not in front of me during the interview). If they checked it before than I'm not sure why they need to order again. I did travel after submitting but that should not matter as I already have completed my 1095 days residency.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Mississauga,

they have everything in place and i did not travel for the ENTIRE 4 years period and did not travel even after!

this is an extra check needed by the officer, who was very nice and helpful, but it is a step they needed to have.

as i mentioned after the the test and interview that went pretty well, it took them 45 days to take a decision on my file (Granted the citizenship)

now it is a matter of scheduling that CIC claims it could take up to 6 months at most!

I will keep you posted.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Canad87 said:
CBSA records check are done during background check:

As the biographical pages of the passport are only submitted during the initial application there is no way for the assessing officer to check the stamps.
When the officer checks the person's passport during interview and check the stamps and if he has doubts then he requests CBSA records for verification.

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
CBSA records check are done during background check:

As the biographical pages of the passport are only submitted during the initial application there is no way for the assessing officer to check the stamps.
When the officer checks the person's passport during interview and check the stamps and if he has doubts then he requests CBSA records for verification.
Thank for your reply.
What I understand from your post that officers don't have travel history in the applicant file at the time of interview thats why many applicant obtain the report and carry it with them to the test/interview?

thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Canad87 said:
Thank for your reply.
What I understand from your post that officers don't have travel history in the applicant file at the time of interview thats why many applicant obtain the report and carry it with them to the test/interview?

thanks
They do CBSA check before test is scheduled. However, during the interview the officer may or may not have the report with them. People carry their CBSA/ US I94 reports etc during the interview so that in case the officer has doubts, it can be cleared then and there. Sometimes they ask usa entry/exit records and if the person has i94 or foia records handy then he can hand it over to the officer right away.

Canad87

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
VAtoCA said:
I don't think the officer had my travel history (at least not in front of me during the interview). If they checked it before than I'm not sure why they need to order again. I did travel after submitting but that should not matter as I already have completed my 1095 days residency.
Thank you for your clarification.
Best luck

def_col_male

Jan 26, 2011
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my test at Scarborough centre on 8th jan. and Chinese lady office told me the same thing that she would verify my entry exit. She suggested that it would take 2-3 days max. and she would call me after verifying. I am now waiting for my oath letter.

Also she called me the very next day and confirmed that my file was okay and I would receive my oath letter.

Hoping for the best now.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
def_col_male said:
I did my test at Scarborough centre on 8th jan. and Chinese lady office told me the same thing that she would verify my entry exit. She suggested that it would take 2-3 days max. and she would call me after verifying. I am now waiting for my oath letter.

Also she called me the very next day and confirmed that my file was okay and I would receive my oath letter.

Hoping for the best now.
Thanks for the update. Did she asked your phone number during the interview? The officer who interviewed me didn't say anything about phone call. Just told me not to worry and should not take more than 1-2 days.