+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long do I have to keep the required FUND in my bank account?

josephcom

Jun 29, 2015
It's been said that I have to show I possess $14850 to be able to apply for PR or Novascotia nomination program.

How can I show I do possess that amount of money?

Some say that I have to keep that $14850 in my bank account for at least 3 months. Is that true?

Also I don't know WHEN exactly I have to prove this. After I have already receive ITA or before that? What if I want to apply for Novascotia Nomination Program?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josephcom said:
It's been said that I have to show I possess $14850 to be able to apply for PR or Novascotia nomination program.

How can I show I do possess that amount of money?

See 'Minimum Funds Requirement' ---> http://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/AppGuide-NSNP-NSDEE-2June2015-English.pdf

Some say that I have to keep that $14850 in my bank account for at least 3 months. Is that true?

Not true. However, you may be asked to explain source of funds if monies come in out of the blue and via large unexplained transfers. Below is the post ITA POF guideline from CIC ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low income cut-off (LICO), as assessed by amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) which list all current bank and investment accounts, as well as outstanding debts such as credit cards and loans. The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months. Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant

Also I don't know WHEN exactly I have to prove this. After I have already receive ITA or before that? What if I want to apply for Novascotia Nomination Program?

If you're applying to Nova Scotia, you'll have to showcase this twice - first to the province till you get a nomination and then to CIC till you land PR.

josephcom

Jun 29, 2015
So correct me if I'm wrong in any of the following statements:

1) I cannot apply for Novasotia Nomination Program until I have a bank account with at least $14850 in it (for a family of two).
2) This amount of money has to be deposited in the account for at least the last three months.
3) After three months, I can submit my documents, but am still not allowed to empty the account.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josephcom said:
So correct me if I'm wrong in any of the following statements:

1) I cannot apply for Novasotia Nomination Program until I have a bank account with at least $14850 in it (for a family of two).

You can't apply without POF.

2) This amount of money has to be deposited in the account for at least the last three months.

Not true. The longer the better but not minimum time requirement.

3) After three months, I can submit my documents, but am still not allowed to empty the account.

You'll have to retain the funds till you get PR.