+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long did it take you?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello all,

Just curious how long it took from the day you applied until the day your spouse was approved for PR. I know this varies greatly, but just curious what the current timelines have been looking.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
i am an american green card holder i turned 22 august 1st. my mother in canada mailed our sponsorship application and was received on july 4th. we still haven't gotten a file number or a reply from them yet . im wondering how long its taking now for family sponsorship

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
i am an american green card holder i turned 22 august 1st. my mother in canada mailed our sponsorship application and was received on july 4th. we still haven't gotten a file number or a reply from them yet . im wondering how long its taking now for family sponsorship
Yours involved a deportation, so it won’t be a standard processing

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hello all,

Just curious how long it took from the day you applied until the day your spouse was approved for PR. I know this varies greatly, but just curious what the current timelines have been looking.
It has been known to vary very widely across the board by country. Canada immigration states they try to process full applications within 12 months approx 80% of the time. Many various obstacles across the board add to this. Like.....a worldwide pandemic.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
It has been known to vary very widely across the board by country. Canada immigration states they try to process full applications within 12 months approx 80% of the time. Many various obstacles across the board add to this. Like.....a worldwide pandemic.

Yes, I understand this but I was just curious how long people have waited but I suppose most people once they get their visas don't really have a need for this website unless they are one of the few who like to provide advice/help. Thank you, though. :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, I understand this but I was just curious how long people have waited but I suppose most people once they get their visas don't really have a need for this website unless they are one of the few who like to provide advice/help. Thank you, though. :)
The spreadsheet trackers exist so you can get that info from there. They've already provided the info instead of everyone providing it again in a new thread because you're curious.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
The spreadsheet trackers exist so you can get that info from there. They've already provided the info instead of everyone providing it again in a new thread because you're curious.
No need to be rude. I'm fairly new to this site and I find the amount of information overwhelming. I don't see the link to the spreadsheet and without knowing one exists, how does one find it?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No need to be rude. I'm fairly new to this site and I find the amount of information overwhelming. I don't see the link to the spreadsheet and without knowing one exists, how does one find it?
How is that rude? You implied only a few are helpful - how is that polite? You can read almost any thread that starts with a month and figure something out.

Here's one such thread. Start on the first page.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/february-2020-spousal-sponsorship-outland.676317/

Note, because your question was general, and this forum covers all kinds of different family sponsorship, not all will be relevant, hence the split into different types of applications.

And there's also the search function.

Good luck.