+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long can my british bf re enter canada

Tina112

Apr 2, 2015
My bf came to Canada on September 2016 and we applied for extensions and got it till April 5 2018. We tried to apply again but got refused. After how long should he try to re enter?
I cant sponsor as Im going tru divorce and dont really wanna move to UK as my son is autistic and doesnt like changes. Also Im here all by myself. My family lives in UK.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Given how long he has been in Canada and the fact he was refused an extension, recommend he stay outside of Canada for six months or so before he tries to re-enter.

And you can certainly sponsor him as your common law partner provided you have lived together for at least one year continuously. The fact you are not yet divorced isn't a problem.

Tina112

Apr 2, 2015
I cant also sponsor him as I have been sponsored 3 years ago...
We tried applying for skilled worker but lawyer said theres not a chance as he didnt score many points.
Also we tried applying for work permit but its hard to find employers who is willing to go tru LMIA. Hes a butcher.
Im hopeless :(
Also I cant even work and pay bills as i dont have no one to watch my son.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I cant also sponsor him as I have been sponsored 3 years ago...
We tried applying for skilled worker but lawyer said theres not a chance as he didnt score many points.
Also we tried applying for work permit but its hard to find employers who is willing to go tru LMIA. Hes a butcher.
Im hopeless :(
Also I cant even work and pay bills as i dont have no one to watch my son.
As I'm sure that you are already aware, you really don't have many options in that case. You have another 2 years left to run on the sponsorship bar. There is no realistic way to lift this. Do you have the right to enter and remain in the UK? Does your son?

Is your boyfriend eligible to apply for a working holiday visa (IEC)? That might be a possibility.
Alternatively, depending on his abilities, a temporary foreign worker visa, if he can find (possibly with your local help) an employer who is willing to go through the LMIA process..

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would reconsider moving back to the UK. If you're unable to work because you can't find or afford child care you won't be able to sponsor your common law spouse.

Tina112

Apr 2, 2015
Yes I can live u UK, but the thing is I dont really wanna move as my son is 4 years old and going tru therapies that I been waiting for about 2 years.

We want to try applying for holiday visa.

I know I dont have much choice and to wait for him for 6 months is very long time without no income. We r thinking about trying to come back end of this month. If he is not going to be able to come back than I have no choice and move back :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is a lot of competition for the IEC spots for UK citizens just to warn you so not guaranteed. Also warning you that your bf shouldn't have been watching your son because he is technically working while being on a visitor visa so you shouldn't mention that as a reason why he needs to come to Canada.