+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long can I use Manitoba Health Card in Toronto

RW

Jul 20, 2013
Hello,
I am a permanent resident.I have stayed in Winnipeg for 2 years with my family and we have health card from Manitoba.Now we are moving to Toronto.Will I be able to use the Manitoba health card in the duration my Ontario card is being processed or will I have to buy private insurance for my family.
Can anyone in the forum guide me in this regard.
Thanks.
RW.

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
As a Canadian resident moving to a different province such as Ontario, you will have a 3-months waiting period from the date you establish your residency in Toronto before your OHIP coverage kicks in.

Here is the official info on that matter from Manitoba Health Website - https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/mhsip/index.html?print#Q14

"I'm moving away from Manitoba permanently. Am I still covered by Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living?
If you are leaving Manitoba permanently, you should apply to the Registration and Client Services Unit for an Out-of-Province Certificate. The terms of your coverage may be one of the following:
  • If you are moving to another province or territory
    Coverage by Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living will continue for the remainder of the month in which you arrive in your new province or territory plus two additional months (except personal care home benefits). Immediately upon arrival to your new province or territory, be sure to contact that province’s or territory’s health insurance plan to arrange for continuity of coverage."

RW

Jul 20, 2013
As a Canadian resident moving to a different province such as Ontario, you will have a 3-months waiting period from the date you establish your residency in Toronto before your OHIP coverage kicks in.

Here is the official info on that matter from Manitoba Health Website - https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/mhsip/index.html?print#Q14

"I'm moving away from Manitoba permanently. Am I still covered by Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living?
If you are leaving Manitoba permanently, you should apply to the Registration and Client Services Unit for an Out-of-Province Certificate. The terms of your coverage may be one of the following:
  • If you are moving to another province or territory
    Coverage by Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living will continue for the remainder of the month in which you arrive in your new province or territory plus two additional months (except personal care home benefits). Immediately upon arrival to your new province or territory, be sure to contact that province’s or territory’s health insurance plan to arrange for continuity of coverage."
Thank you.I appreciate your help.