+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long can I stay as a tourist?

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hello everyone,

How long am I allowed to be in canada as a tourist?
I am a german citizen.
PS: I have been in canada with a work and travel visa until end of august 2012. will i get problems of coming back as a tourist at the end of october 2012?

Your help is very much apreciated.

Sincerely,

Florian

jay4loyale

Oct 9, 2012
[
my brother in from morocco he got recedence of canada 4 ever and soon he will get sitazinshep of canad .he just starte ork two mounthe ago his wife is ferstt nation candian and they got big house and she got good job she is social work sh ehave beeing working or long tim and i just want to ask haw can my brother in canada help m to live in canada knwoing thats im under 18 years old i study at school pleaz oif eny one have idea help m

Florian
[/quote]

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Flo85 said:
Hello everyone,

How long am I allowed to be in canada as a tourist?
I am a german citizen.
PS: I have been in canada with a work and travel visa until end of august 2012. will i get problems of coming back as a tourist at the end of october 2012?

Your help is very much apreciated.

Sincerely,

Florian
1. If the reason you are returning is reasonable so soon, you could 6 months on entry. If the Border Officer feels you MAY be returning to your old job without a work permit, it could be dicey.

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Yeah, the reason is to visit my girlfriend and wanna spend the christmas time with her family. I hope that is a good reason to let me in???
And because of the risk of going to back to my old work. I will have a booked flight from Toronto to Yellowknife and I was working in Toronto. So that should be good, right?

Thanks for your help PMM

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
One more question about entering canada. Do I have to show the border officer a flight back to Germany? I just have a one way flight yet but I think enough funds to prove I can effort a ticket back home. During my stay for hopefully 6 months I can live at my girlfriends place.

SO what do I need to show the border officer?

Thank you in advance.

Florian