+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long can an application be “in transit”

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I know it would vary for individuals and offices - my file has been 'In Transit' since late February according to the GSMS report, considering it is on its way to Mississauga office, I am not optimistic about it having any movement any time soon, but this just seems a bit strange - With 2.5 months I could even walk from the Sydney office to Mississauga to deliver the file myself ... maybe it is similar to the AOR process, as long as the office hasn't opened it, the status will remain unchanged...

Anyway, just out of curiosity, for those who have ordered GCMS reports in the past, how long did it take for your status to change from 'In Transit' to something different?

BTW, my file was 'In Process' in early December, so it will soon be 5 months of IP with no movement

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I know it would vary for individuals and offices - my file has been 'In Transit' since late February according to the GSMS report, considering it is on its way to Mississauga office, I am not optimistic about it having any movement any time soon, but this just seems a bit strange - With 2.5 months I could even walk from the Sydney office to Mississauga to deliver the file myself ... maybe it is similar to the AOR process, as long as the office hasn't opened it, the status will remain unchanged...

Anyway, just out of curiosity, for those who have ordered GCMS reports in the past, how long did it take for your status to change from 'In Transit' to something different?

BTW, my file was 'In Process' in early December, so it will soon be 5 months of IP with no movement
Mine says it was in transit on Nov 24 and then the next location entry is the registry (Scarborough) on Dec 4

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Point of clarification: The entries are in reverse date order, so entry 1 is the registry, entry 2 is transit.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
In your latest version, do you not see an entry under Paper File History that says the location is Registry?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
In your latest version, do you not see an entry under Paper File History that says the location is Registry?
Nope, “in transit” is the latest , which is exactly the same as the last one ... the last one had a lot more actions than the one before, but the latest one didn’t have any update at all

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Someone ought to check to see if it's on Mike's desk... ;)

If there is action being taken on the application and it's shown in the notes, then perhaps it's simply a case of it not having been properly noted in the system that it's part of the registry.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Someone ought to check to see if it's on Mike's desk... ;)

If there is action being taken on the application and it's shown in the notes, then perhaps it's simply a case of it not having been properly noted in the system that it's part of the registry.
I think it is probably normal for Mississauga office,if you look at the October spreadsheet, most of the people who are still waiting for test invite are processed by Mississauga office

tom94063

May 1, 2013
My paper file was transferred from Sydney 2018/01/21 and was received by Mississauga 2018/02/22. I live in North York though..
And it is shown Test Ready Tagged, I don't know what it means but I haven't received the test invite yet. Been in-process since Dec 11. Very frustrating
My status shows as follow
Knowledge :Not started
Residence: Not started
Language : Not started
Prohibition: Not started
Security: [blank] But call center agent I spoke with said I am already cleared
Criminality: Passed

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
My paper file was transferred from Sydney 2018/01/21 and was received by Mississauga 2018/02/22. I live in North York though..
And it is shown Test Ready Tagged, I don't know what it means but I haven't received the test invite yet. Been in-process since Dec 11. Very frustrating
My status shows as follow
Knowledge :Not started
Residence: Not started
Language : Not started
Prohibition: Not started
Security: [blank] But call center agent I spoke with said I am already cleared
Criminality: Passed
Mine is about the same as yours , except that mine is still “in transit “