+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long between AOR and knowledge test?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Does anyone know how long on average it takes from the date of your AOR to the date you get called to take the knowledge test?

Thanks

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Does anyone know how long on average it takes from the date of your AOR to the date you get called to take the knowledge test?

Thanks
Short answer..No. However, you can look at the spreadsheet here and get a sense of average processing times for people who SHARE their info here. You must also remember that October has been crazy in terms of the number of applications. So historical averages don't mean much as they are going to be skewed by October's surge. Test dates will also vary by the processing office.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
BE REALISTIC because of crazy numbers of October i expect double digit longer than average between AOR to Test date. And they still havent finished opening October apps and its December they are supposed to open November apps now which means CIC havent hired more stuff, but if you have already AOR it can take total of 120 days on previous 80-90 days of previous pre c6. And if u travelled during your elibillity expect even longer delays because alot of people have messed up Q.9.

the only way i can see if CIC hire more people in SYNEY office for them atleast to avoid backlog.

but i am realistic i guess it will be 120 days due to October so many apps and thats if your app is complete and they dont request stuff documents before test date whixh means people who travelled and lived abroad during their eligibillity period will very likely spend 8-12 months before they even get test date because if thwy request police clearance and some other paper works the local office is even notorious for long delay of opening those forms.

Last edited:

DESIGN.IQ

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
BE REALISTIC because of crazy numbers of October i expect double digit longer than average between AOR to Test date. And they still havent finished opening October apps and its December they are supposed to open November apps now which means CIC havent hired more stuff, but if you have already AOR it can take total of 120 days on previous 80-90 days of previous pre c6. And if u travelled during your elibillity expect even longer delays because alot of people have messed up Q.9.

the only way i can see if CIC hire more people in SYNEY office for them atleast to avoid backlog.

but i am realistic i guess it will be 120 days due to October so many apps and thats if your app is complete and they dont request stuff documents before test date whixh means people who travelled and lived abroad during their eligibillity period will very likely spend 8-12 months before they even get test date because if thwy request police clearance and some other paper works the local office is even notorious for long delay of opening those forms.

I travelled during eligibility period
What do you mean by Q9?
Thanks

DESIGN.IQ

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
they retuned many apps because of Q9.

IF U GOT AOR DONT WORRY ABOUT IT NO MATTER HOW U ANSWERED.
No I have not submitted it t
I am going to submit it tomorrow
I travelled for 1 month outside Canada
Should I fill an extra formal?
Thanks

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Thanks
I believe the OP referred to question 9c. If you have lived abroad during the eligibility period and not as a crown servant, the general wisdom of this forum is that you are better off answering Yes to question 9c, fill in your name on CIT0177 and mark all other fields as not applicable. You may or may not choose to additionally include an explanation letter stating that you don't intend to claim credit for crown service abroad, which is why the form 0177 was marked not applicable.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Thanks

call CIC if u need to state it, and that u are not or never been crown servant. They might not need to state it since u only tavelled and lived there less than 183 days.

but again call them, Q.9 is confusing one for a reason.

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
I believe the OP referred to question 9c. If you have lived abroad during the eligibility period and not as a crown servant, the general wisdom of this forum is that you are better off answering Yes to question 9c, fill in your name on CIT0177 and mark all other fields as not applicable. You may or may not choose to additionally include an explanation letter stating that you don't intend to claim credit for crown service abroad, which is why the form 0177 was marked not applicable.
And this is why I never ever jumped to any band wagon without reading the questions carefully.

Q 9 clearly states what it means.
I dunno who or where it came from you ought to say YES on it even if you where or are not a crown servant while living outside the country for a specific period of time.
This is why there is a Days Calculator. For those who still are confused, it’s in this document you state all your absences from canada and where you where at the time.

Anyways, free country. Do whatever you want, so long it’s lawful.

Reactions: Joshua1

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
And this is why I never ever jumped to any band wagon without reading the questions carefully.

Q 9 clearly states what it means.
I dunno who or where it came from you ought to say YES on it even if you where or are not a crown servant while living outside the country for a specific period of time.
This is why there is a Days Calculator. For those who still are confused, it’s in this document you state all your absences from canada and where you where at the time.

Anyways, free country. Do whatever you want, so long it’s lawful.
Oh I am not on that bandwagon personally. I submitted mine with a No and at peace with my decision but I have read some of the well reasoned arguments in favour of Yes and come to the conclusion it doesn't hurt the application. So if someone is submitting a new application, my advice for what it's worth, is to choose the extra cautious route and save the forum from 20 new threads worrying about correlation between 9C and various stages of the application. :)

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe, it is the other way around. One should say NO if not falls into one of eligible categories. To satisfy oneself, one may decide to write an explanation letter stating why selected NO even though lived equal to or more than 183 days outside Canada.

Last edited:

jamie hito

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Japan
Oh I am not on that bandwagon personally. I submitted mine with a No and at peace with my decision but I have read some of the well reasoned arguments in favour of Yes and come to the conclusion it doesn't hurt the application. So if someone is submitting a new application, my advice for what it's worth, is to choose the extra cautious route and save the forum from 20 new threads worrying about correlation between 9C and various stages of the application. :)
Thats great then.
All I am saying is, those who errs on caution only burdens the system. The question is clear as daylight. It only ask if you where or are a crown servant whom you’ve served abroad during your eligibility period. Other notions are just prolonging your application.