+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long before your RCMP criminal background check arrived?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Alurra71 said:
If CIC requested that you have your prints done, the report should be sent to CIC not to you directly.
the report can be sent to the applicant who can then forward it to CIC..I have done that in the past...

valerie1

Apr 29, 2014
Yeah well just a recap, I've been waiting for 7 months. I sent my electronic application in January 2014.

Received a phone response first week of August being promised that my application has been forwarded to a supervisor and my police certificate will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Man, it's September and I am getting pissed.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am also in the process of applying for PR...i Have a criminal record check certificate though i was not finger printed.....Can i use that or i have to a pply for another one with finger prints..

Thanks

tchiasson10

Sep 8, 2014
valerie1 said:
Yeah well just a recap, I've been waiting for 7 months. I sent my electronic application in January 2014.

Received a phone response first week of August being promised that my application has been forwarded to a supervisor and my police certificate will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Man, it's September and I am getting pissed.

Hi Valerie,

I've also applied for my RCMP criminal check. They have received it on March 5, 2014 and they have sent me the same generic responses you have gotten. I've also gotten fingerprinted and have gotten a misdemeanour DUI (only 0.005 over the limit). Like you I have gone through a certified Canadian agency (nationalpardon.org) that scans my fingerprints and submits them directly to the RCMP for fast processing.

Anyway, I have been residing in Australia and need this police check to obtain my Australian residency.

Since we are in a similar situation, what would you suggest I do? I have emailed and left multiple messages to the RCMP and have gotten the same generic response. I have also called and emailed the fingerprint agency too and they said they can't get any more info from the RCMP.

Anything you can suggest would be appreciated...

This is so stressful and it's ridiculous how long the RCMP takes for such important matters.

Ted

torontorez

Aug 21, 2015
Im in a similar situation, not guilty
Did u guys finally receive your confirmations and after how long?
Its been 4 months for me
Many thanks

supercow

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,

I am also in a similar situation. I got a charge in 2015, and the charge was ended with a peace bond in 2016.
Did you finally receive your report? How long did you receive your report?
I did RCMP criminal check since April 2016, and it has been two months.

Many thanks

orcen

Jul 18, 2016
I've been waiting 5 months now, they say up to 120 days which is a crock of shit.

Australia was ready for me after 3 months, but I've continued to wait for this dumb document from my own country.

Such a joke.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
orcen said:
I've been waiting 5 months now, they say up to 120 days which is a crock of *censored word*.

Australia was ready for me after 3 months, but I've continued to wait for this dumb document from my own country.

Such a joke.
This is not a very good news for me , I have been waiting for the RCMP certificate since may 28 . my Candidate has no charge however she was ordered to leave Canada .

virat.kohli

Jan 8, 2015
Im waiting for over 150 days now, sent electronic application on 30th March, 2016.

Same old reply overtime from RCMP it is in process.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
virat.kohli said:
Im waiting for over 150 days now, sent electronic application on 30th March, 2016.

Same old reply overtime from RCMP it is in process.
That's outrageous , in their website it say 120 days or more , more can't be another month . how are you dealing with CIC ?

I'm still waiting for mine now I'm close to 90 days and nothing .

virat.kohli

Jan 8, 2015
TANMEX said:
That's outrageous , in their website it say 120 days or more , more can't be another month . how are you dealing with CIC ?

I'm still waiting for mine now I'm close to 90 days and nothing .
CIC has given me extensions till now. Last letter they said we know its taking longer than expected so submit it in 60 days which is expiring on 3rd Sept, 2016.
I am gonna ask another extension next week.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
virat.kohli said:
CIC has given me extensions till now. Last letter they said we know its taking longer than expected so submit it in 60 days which is expiring on 3rd Sept, 2016.
I am gonna ask another extension next week.
How long are you in the process ? I'm at 11 months right now . I was also giving a 40 days extension ends mid October .

Kenny123

Nov 8, 2016
Did you end up getting your criminal record check back from the RCMP ? And if so, did it return showing any charges or did it return clear ? Please let me know, in a similar situation

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kenny123 said:
Did you end up getting your criminal record check back from the RCMP ? And if so, did it return showing any charges or did it return clear ? Please let me know, in a similar situation
Yes got it after 150 days , showed overstay as a record .

Kenny123

Nov 8, 2016
Sorry, overstayed ? Have you had any previous charges in which were dropped but still included in the criminalrecord background check ?