+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long after meds

kfr

Mar 24, 2008
Hi
I have been a regular reader in the forum. It has been very encouraging to read the details of many of the immigrants who made it to Canada.

I have applied for PR in June 2006 to the Buffalo consulate and got my AOR in July 2006. Received instructions for PCC and FBI reports in May 2007. Also received a letter about the Interview waiver in May 2007. My spouse and I have done our medicals in Aug 2007. I have sent the PCC, FBI report and the RPRF fees in Aug 2007.

I had a baby in Oct 2007. I have added his details to the application in Nov 2007 and had his medicals done in Dec 2007.

Could you please let me know how much time it may take to get our PR visa.

cheers
KFR

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Your timing looks like mine... I did my medicals July 07 as well.

As you've probably read, for most people it takes a couple of months; for others it takes longer.

Medicals are valid for a year, so it is very likely they will contact you soon, before July this year. Hopefully it will be to ask for you passport, but if not I'm sure the next contact will give a sense of how much longer it will take.

good luck.

I was contacted about 2 weeks ago and they asked me for another police check. They said I'll get my visa when they receive that...

good luck

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
I finished my medical in Nov 07 and PCC and Worth certificate sent on Dec 07. CIC Sin sent our PPR on Jan 08 however, the letter was mis sent for more then 2 months. I received the letter only today.

regards
abbey

kfr

Mar 24, 2008
Dear All
Thank you for all your valuable inputs and encouragement.

Abbey
Congratulations and wish you all the best.

Yojimbo
Did you apply from Buffalo consulate?

kfr

Mar 24, 2008
Eduardo Picazo said:
be patient my friend it could be anytime, some times they take more than 6 months

you are almost here in Canada, just be patient...

congratulations for your baby
Eduardo
Thankyou Eduardo

carlos1110

Oct 24, 2007
I read this forum every day and I would like to congratulate everyone because it is a very interesting and helpful.

I applied in Lima embassy

I passed the medical exams in Set-07, in the same letter they asked me to send my passports (this call my atenttion because I read that the majority of you passed the medical exam after that they asked the passports and pay some fees but in my case they asked me to send my passports at the same time). The letter says that I have to wait 6 months in order to send a email. I would like to know if someone has or had a case similar to my case in order to get an advice.

Regards.
Carlos

kollyman

Apr 28, 2008
I applied for the permanent residence Sept 2006.
I was asked to write IELTS in August 2007.
I did the Medical test January 2008 with the police clearance.
I have not heard anything from them and I tried an enquiry, the told me that my application is in process and would not tell me when it will be finalized.They acknowledged the receipt of medical results.

Can anyone tell me how long it will take to get the case finalized after receipt of medical test results?

kfr

Mar 24, 2008
Dear Kollyman
My newborn's medicals were done in Dec '07. I was told by my attorney representative that I can expect the visa within one to four months. But, in April first week, I received a notice from visa office (NY) asking for spouse's FBI Police clearance from USA. This was kind of weird as my spouse never lived nor visited the US. But, there might have been some confusion since I live in the US.

Anyways, I received the FBI results in 2 weeks time since I mentioned the expected date in the cover letter to the FBI.

Now, my attorney rep says within 6-8 weeks I may receive further notice. Im having my fingers crossed and just hoping to get the visa.

So, I suggest please be patient for your time for visa is already near, provided you sent all the requested documents.

Note: There are people in this forum who got their visas in 1.5 months after sending their medicals. So, lets be positive.

cheers
KFR

kfr

Mar 24, 2008
Hi

I have come across an update yesterday on ECAS "Medical results have been received"
I hope to get my PPR soon.

cheers
KFR