+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How is this possible?

frankfurtvancouver

May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked the processing times for a post-graduation work permit on the website of CIC. It says 3 months when applying from Canada but it says 1 month when applying from Germany?

It doesn't make sense to me that processing time when applying in Germany is apparently 2 months shorter than when applying in Canada, although it's a visa for Canada. This makes me wonder if this is even true and if I should then just apply from Germany? (or is it more risky to apply from outside CA?)

Thank you

MedicStudent

Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I recommend to apply from within Canada. The problem is that you still have to have a status in Canada when you apply. If you leave the country you kinda give up your status as a student.

Are you from Germany? If yes, you are from a visa exempted country. Then you can try to get your PGWP by flag poling.

frankfurtvancouver

May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you from Germany? If yes, you are from a visa exempted country. Then you can try to get your PGWP by flag poling.
I just researched on the internet what flagpoling is and sounds like a really good idea to me. Would I just need my passport, study permit, final grades letter/final letter and payment fees or anything else at the border?

I would be really glad if someone could answer this because I can't find much information...

I also wonder if flagpoling is still possible/legal these days because then why don't more people do it?

MedicStudent

Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just google: flagpoling PGWP and the first result should show you all the posts on canadavisa.com about this topic. Lots of people tell about their experience on there. They also mention what documents they brought to the POE.

But I guess you need:
- passport ( watch the expiry date because they can't give you a PGWP that is valid longer than your passport)
-letter of your school confirming that you graduated ( in my opinion really important because transcripts are different for every school=
- transcripts
-study permit
-medical certificate if you want to work in schools healthcare etc.
-maybe the application forms but I don't know if that is necessary ( just check on others people's posts)
-money ( I think it's 255$)

The best thing to do is to contact the CBSA at the border you want to go to, so that can tell you if they have an immigration service. Some land POE accept flagpoling, some don't. Also, you can call CIC to check if it's a good idea.