+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How is the Strike going to affect my application?

missmatalini

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 11th 2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested July 15th 2014
AOR Received.
March 25th 2014
File Transfer...
March 28th 2014
Med's Request
July 15th 2014
Med's Done....
July 16th 2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
November 13th
LANDED..........
February 2nd 2015
My Fiance (The Canadian Citizen) and I (The American Citizen) are getting married on October 14th and have already filled out most of the paperwork for Permanent Residency, so it can be sent shortly after we tie the knot.

Originally, we planned on applying to extend my visitor status and applying Outland. But I'm REALLY concerned after seeing it's going to take 22 months through LA :eek: Since I don't have a work/study visa, I would hate to be sitting around doing absolutely NOTHING for almost 2 years.

So we've decided to look further into doing Inland.

My 6 months on my passport is up on December 6th. If a visitor record is applied for mid-October does that keep me safe here while the paperwork for Inland is being filed?

I'm so flustered and worried that this is going to cause my Fiance and I to be separated! Any help and encouragement would mean the world!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
missmatalini said:
Originally, we planned on applying to extend my visitor status and applying Outland. But I'm REALLY concerned after seeing it's going to take 22 months through LA :eek: Since I don't have a work/study visa, I would hate to be sitting around doing absolutely NOTHING for almost 2 years.

So we've decided to look further into doing Inland.

My 6 months on my passport is up on December 6th. If a visitor record is applied for mid-October does that keep me safe here while the paperwork for Inland is being filed?
American apps are actually going through Ottawa, which has a posted processing time of 14 months but is averaging around 8 months, have a look at the thread and spreadsheet here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cppottawa-t118769.3900.html
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AieZfLOxQt2FdDgzNTFmc2E2bjJjVUhGVlhPMEcwbWc#gid=0

You're better off going outland and extending your visitor status. Send the extension app around Nov 6th; include proof of the PR app and ask for a year.