+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How is the PR application process fair?

nizamikn

Sep 21, 2021
Is anyone else frustrated with the PR application process? I received my ITA in Sept 2020 and submitted my CEC PR application back in Dec 2020. It has been almost 10 months now and I haven't received mine yet.

While I understand that IRCC is trying their best to process applications during these unprecedented times, it is very unfortunate to see some acquaintances with similar (or much worse) profile and background receive their PR card in 3-5 months despite applying during COVID (roughly 2-4 months after my application). Processing time is still 6 months and IRCC is currently processing applications as of February 2021. How is this fair? I understand that each application is different but I have no security concerns (no foreign DUI or any security issues).

What frustrates me more is that IRCC keeps issuing new ITAs. They have given out ITAs to new graduates and others like candies, whereas the process was so difficult for me when I applied (480+ CRS wasn't enough). While I appreciate their intent to let more immigrants in but by no means this is a fair process (at least in terms of timeline).

I've actually hired the law firm, Campbell Cohen, to assist me in my application process. They weren't able to provide any feedback on my application except an automated response, similar to IRCC. It is very frustrating when you can't receive any relevant advice after hiring an attorney.

Any advice for me? What do you think is the holdup (apart from COVID)? Do you think anyone even checked my application? What is GCMS and how does it work? Does my law firm have access to it?

Also, I've submitted a webform today. I have never been so disappointed in the system. This feels like a very flawed process. I am sure others feel the same way. If I understood the process more, I'd love to help IRCC create a more equitable application process. Please comment below if you've experienced something similar.

Note about myself:

I went to a top tier university in Canada and I have 2+ year of Canadian experience at a top company. I paid taxes and ensured that I followed all rules to be an ideal resident in Canada (lived here for 5+ years). I am unable to incorporate my startup to further support the Canadian economy or pursue further education. My PGWP expires in H1 2022...