+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW IDIOT PROOF IS THE LANDING PROCEDURE - Share your experiences!

lubin

Dec 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks,

I am planning to land by mid March in Toronto and was thinking things ahead. As we all know, that "to err is human" I am trying to avoid any silly errors that could happen from my part, which will cause problems or delay the time at the airport.
I have a few questions regarding the proof of funds documents and PR card registration process. So if any of you cool people know of any threads about detailed Landing procedure, tips and precautions please link it here. I will do my research in there.
Or if you are kind enough to share your experiences in this thread, please do. It's high time we have a recent thread about landing procedures.

Cheers!

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
lubin said:
Hello Folks,

I am planning to land by mid March in Toronto and was thinking things ahead. As we all know, that "to err is human" I am trying to avoid any silly errors that could happen from my part, which will cause problems or delay the time at the airport.
I have a few questions regarding the proof of funds documents and PR card registration process. So if any of you cool people know of any threads about detailed Landing procedure, tips and precautions please link it here. I will do my research in there.
Or if you are kind enough to share your experiences in this thread, please do. It's high time we have a recent thread about landing procedures.

Cheers!
From what I've read on here, you can never take too many documents. Better to have everything than be missing something! COPR, passport, bank statements, provincial nomination (if you have one), job offer confirmation letter (if you have one) - that's all I can think of just now but I'm sure others will add to it.

With regards to landing on Toronto, my husband and I have both experienced the immigration staff there.

1) try to get to passport control quickly so you are not having to wait in a long line

2) be prepared for a long wait in immigration, especially if a flight or 2 from Asia lands at the same time so be aware of this if you are being picked up at the airport or have a connecting flight

3) the attitude of the staff very much depends on who you get. My husband had a great officer when he landed with our son and were very helpful in organizing the visitors visa for him (my husband already had his work permit). However, when I landed the next day with our other son, the woman was very standoffish despite me having ALL the paperwork I needed for my visa and dealing with my 18mth old who just wanted to run around (he had been stuck on a 7 hr flight and then been waiting in line for almost 2 hours so couldn't really blame him!!)

Hope this helps

lubin

Dec 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
;D Ofcourse you can't blame the young fella. I'd probably be spazzing out coz I'm looking at about 24 hours of flight from India.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and all the best with your PR application.

+1ed!

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
lubin said:
;D Ofcourse you can't blame the young fella. I'd probably be spazzing out coz I'm looking at about 24 hours of flight from India.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and all the best with your PR application.

+1ed!
He thought it was great having a huge space to run about in! I'd been on the go for around 14 hrs by that point after an unsettled night with the wee fella and an emotional goodbye to my mum & sister at the airport. Needless to say, I passed him straight to his dad when we got out of baggage reclaim!

Thanks for the +1 and good luck with your application! :D