+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How I can complait against a student working more than 20 hours in a week

Pal3580

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi there I am p r and working with a store in Vancouver from last two years on full time basic. Few months back the owner give employment to a student on 20 hours in a week basic. Now the owner give me three days in a week and the student work there six days in a week . But in his documents owner shows 20 hours and pay him cash for others. I want to complaint this injustice. I go to Immigrarion office and they gave me a phone no.which I try but it does not work. Now they give me email I’d and convey me to send my complaint on this email. Can some one guide me where I can lodge a complaint for this. Owner keep all records in his custody. Plz guide me what to do . Thanks

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
Hi there I am p r and working with a store in Vancouver from last two years on full time basic. Few months back the owner give employment to a student on 20 hours in a week basic. Now the owner give me three days in a week and the student work there six days in a week . But in his documents owner shows 20 hours and pay him cash for others. I want to complaint this injustice. I go to Immigrarion office and they gave me a phone no.which I try but it does not work. Now they give me email I’d and convey me to send my complaint on this email. Can some one guide me where I can lodge a complaint for this. Owner keep all records in his custody. Plz guide me what to do . Thanks
Certainly, what the owner and the student did was wrong. However, before you complain, I think you should talk to the student about his wrongdoing and tell him to stop, otherwise, you would complain against him. It's just so that he can understand and stop it.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Certainly, what the owner and the student did was wrong. However, before you complain, I think you should talk to the student about his wrongdoing and tell him to stop, otherwise, you would complain against him. It's just so that he can understand and stop it.
Seems obvious from the OPs post that the individual knows full well they are breaking the rules by the fact they have an agreement with the owner to reflect only 20 hours but pay the extra in cash for the extra hours.

In reporting anything the OP may need to accept that even if anonymous report that their time with this employer may be terminal and even more likely if they talk to the individual first who will then likely inform the employer. The behaviour may stop but the OP runs the risk of being out of this job, so a no win either way.

Muj

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
I would say talk to your manager/owner and the student first and let them know about what its like to break a law. If they don't change you can act accordingly.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
I'll suggest OP to complain to Ministry of labour first, before immigration. In doing that, OP job may be secure with the employer and, in case laid off unnecessarily, compensation can be rewarded or demanded.
Find out about making a complaint to the Ministry of Labours.
If your employer isn't following the law or their own harassment policy, you can make a complaint to the Ministry of Labour.
https://stepstojustice.ca/steps/employment-and-work/4-find-out-about-making-complaint-ministry-labour

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016

Go ahead and complaint, these kind of students and employees must be taught a lesson.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Don't think those complaint do much, anyone can complain about anyone. Unless there is a more serious issue no one pays too much attention.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Before you make any complain about an individual or corporation, you've to be sure that you've the fact. Not just reasonable suspicious of them violating the crime. If you don't have substantiate evidence and information to help investigation, it'll go no where, but trash.

neha__

Nov 28, 2021
Have some balls to work hard and get more days…not like a pusssy go and complain..fucking goof

Reactions: fst111 and Muj

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He must be released now - from the prison
What prison?

No one is going to be put in prison for working illegally on a study permit. If caught and CBSA decides to take action, the punishment would be to have the study permit revoked and have to leave Canada.