+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How hard it will be for a graduate student age 51 to immigrates?

mrpellegrini

Mar 9, 2018
Hello

I am 48 now and I applied to the Centennial College
I will be a graduating student in Canada by age 51

In a first moment I thought that age would not be a problem, because I heard everybody saying that is not a problem in Canada

But after I have watched a video about aged immigration wich said that 45+ is not the workforce that Canada is looking for. Though, I am really afraid about my choice.

I know that I will rely on PNP programs to have a chance to immigrate or a job offer and my window for immigration is very narrow.

I am married. No children. My wife has 45. We definitely want to stay in Canada after my graduation.

If I ask you for an advice you would say do came or do not came at all?

Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello

In a first moment I thought that age would not be a problem, because I heard everybody saying that is not a problem in Canada

But after I have watched a video about aged immigration wich said that 45+ is not the workforce that Canada is looking for. Though, I am really afraid about my choice.

I know that I will rely on PNP programs to have a chance to immigrate or a job offer and my window for immigration is very narrow.

I am married. No children. My wife has 45. We definitely want to stay in Canada after my graduation.

Thank you
In theory, age is not a factor, but one would be naive to believe this is how Real Life(tm) works. If you are blessed with specific skills or experience, age is less significant but if you are competing with a younger general population it will be harder to prevail..

mrpellegrini

Mar 9, 2018
In theory, age is not a factor, but one would be naive to believe this is how Real Life(tm) works. If you are blessed with specific skills or experience, age is less significant but if you are competing with a younger general population it will be harder to prevail..

Thank you for your reply.

What you mean by specific skills or experience?
I am not IT. I am video editor / photographer within 15 years of experience.
I am going to a 2 years marketing college degree hoping these studies will improve my employability.

I hope get more answers adding these informations

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

Thank you
Yes - economic immigration programs are geared towards young workers.

Express Entry will be extremely difficult / next to impossible due to your age since this is a points-based program and you will lose significant points through because of your age.

I think your only chance of qualifying will be through one of the PNP programs. I don't think any of us here can tell you how likely that would be - certainly far from guaranteed.